Arround Kyalami

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harryhcs

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Yesterday I was at a new tyre launch at Kyalami. As I am the only one with a motorbike at our office...I was asked to come allong and test ride super bikes around Kyalami.
My disclaimer:
I dont like riding on tar, off road is what its about for me
I have never ridden a super bike
I have been riding bike for 7 months now, my blue KwaiPappaGaai KLR

So basicly I am a complete nube at this...

So, we get there. They give us a presentation about the new tyres and the technology. Im sitting there very impressed, but stressed about whats gonna happen in the next 30 minutes. After the presentation, they show us how the flags work, I hope I wont be Black Flagged!

After that I walk out to check out the bikes, the smallest a R6, I hope for that, but I dont get it. We were 8 riders, most of these guys are super skilled racers. They all have leather overalls... I am wearing my Adventure gear, muddy boots and gloves with holes in them. At this point I am feeling like an idiot after the guy actually tells me I can go dress up so long, we start in 5! To which I reply, this is my gear...Eish. He sais its ok! hahahah! At this point I was thinking maybe I should rather not ride these beasts around Kyalami with pro riders!!! F**K

6bq2a.jpg

9X6Mg.jpg

JoPNE.jpg

The snore is for Movember...

RrKoHl.jpg

Love the blue and red

Fz9Osl.jpg

z5cEzl.jpg

Anyways, I get over it and take on the adventure by the horns and climb on the BMW RR1000S! I kick of the stand and then this guy (famous bike guy) tells me to get of, hes riding it, because his camera is mounted on it...Ok, so I get of.

Mh2P1l.jpg

You can see me on the bmw and the guy kindly telling me to get off  :-[

I find a Yamaha Fazor, and get on. Yea, now just dont stall it!! I dont, great! Now get around Kyalami in one piece!

N5ur3l.jpg

I stand out with my gear...

Green light goes and we are off. I take it VERY easy just to check out the track and see how it goes.  A little later I am lapped by 2 of the pros at scary speeds! I almost had a heart attack!!

o5Adyl.jpg

Here I come on the straight

After about 5 laps, I go in to the pit lane, and get on a new bike. This time a KTM 990 Super Duke. I do about 4 laps on this bad boy and this time a little faster, and getting the lines a little better.

G0Upul.jpg

After my laps I get of, with a very very broad smile on my face, get my goody bag, and head back to the office. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised and it was a great way to start a day!

Oh, and after that, riding back on my KLR, I was convinced the breaks were on, or the accelerator was broken!  It will never be the same again...

wow, any open positions at the company you work for?

pity about the bmw, can only imagine a spin on that beast....

KwaiPappaGaai said:
Oh, and after that, riding back on my KLR, I was convinced the breaks were on, or the accelerator was broken!  It will never be the same again...
So gan jy nou 'n KTM koop?  :pot:

Lekker  :thumleft:

Looks like Matthew Durrans that is chasing off the BMW.

Lekker KPG! It is not how good you are, it is how much fun you have! I think you get that (from reading your RRs).  :thumleft:

roxenz said:
Lekker KPG! It is not how good you are, it is how much fun you have! I think you get that (from reading your RRs).  :thumleft:

Thanks allot! thats very nice!  :)

Quite Hectic to go to Kyalami for your first track experience!

How was the Mine Shaft?  :mwink:

domstes said:

When they explained the flags, the was like "If you dont know whats mineshaft, come talk to me"...I did not know! I did mess it up on it once, not cool! I think I might have been one of the slowest through it..ever.  ;D

KwaiPappaGaai said:
domstes said:

When they explained the flags, the was like "If you dont know whats mineshaft, come talk to me"...I did not know! I did mess it up on it once, not cool! I think I might have been one of the slowest through it..ever.  ;D

First time on the track and you stayed on the black stuff.  :thumleft: That is the most important part. You had fun. That is even more important!