Back from the toughest Roof ever!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been said else where, but in my opionion the organisation was piss poor. No radio comms between marshalls and race control, no one new what was going on, no infomation facility for the myriad of spectators, no way of knowing what had happened to lost competitors, top riders sent out on the wrong loop, dramatic course and rule changes at the drop of a hat, on and on and on.
It's fine for the manly men of old to sleep out in the bush and depend on the hositality of the locals but as an international event with the status to pull an international field they will just not accept it. What if someone was badly injured as Ktmjedi pointed out and died of exposure?

Let it be said that I had a blast and will be back again next year but as an international sporting event they need to do an awful lot of sharpening up.

shark_za said:
What bugs me about Lesotho is the lack of refrigeration.
Stopping at a shabeen and getting warm beer in summer is just not on.

Common that is all part of the 'open and free' Lesotho experience you love so much ... why expect first world cold imported frosty beers....after all it is not Ertzberg.... so be a manly man and just enjoy them barely off the shelf Maluti quarts!  :ricky:

BiG DoM said:
shark_za said:

Common that is all part of the 'open and free' Lesotho experience you love so much ... why expect first world cold imported frosty beers....after all it is not Ertzberg.... so be a manly man and just enjoy them barely off the shelf Maluti quarts!  :ricky:
There are "shops" with gas / paraffin freezers in most places, you just need to ask around.

SGB said:
BiG DoM said:
shark_za said:

There are "shops" with gas / paraffin freezers in most places, you just need to ask around.

We did....we found :mwink:

Latest posts