Baptism of fire!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saxon

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
What a EPIC day I had with the MP Dogs! My first adventure ride and it was great, Draadwerk will be able to give more detail of place names but these are a few pictures I took. I hit the road to Nelspruit at 5am

5:30 @Boven tunnel heading to Nelspruit.

Meeting up in Nelspruit.

Sweet KTM, man this bike ran nice!

Smoke break........

Most beautiful bike one the run.......THE BLUE ONE!

Endless gravel roads and stunning views! This was up in the mountains between Kaapmuiden and Barberton.

Abandoned mining town, spooky as it is all intact and was evacuated in the late 90's, only 1 or 2 guards living and looking after it.

Welcome shade 40C

Day ended with a lekker lunch at Badplaas and the we headed home. Thank you all so much for the help and advise getting down those gravel passes and then up the other side!

WOW Saxon - Beautiful pictures. Was a very nice ride huh?

Will add some more pics and comments a bit later.  :pot: :ricky:

the town is called diepgezet.
i heard they were turning it into a tourist resort.
obviously not yet...

Asbestos and when they had that class action law suite in the UK apparently all the asbestos mines closed down......?

Baie cool kiekies, wow!
Lyk na lekker paaie  :ricky:

very nice route for your first adventure ride. I will have to go ride it again this December  :thumleft:

And he rode it like a pro. He is no newbie to DS riding !!! Man, was awesome having you with all of us Saxon.

We will have to do so very soon again !

What a beautifull ride!!! I am pleasantly surprised by the mostly beautifull scenery MP provided! Is this route very technical? Will a noob like me be able to do this with a pillion?  :ricky:

I definately want to this route! Please let me know if you do this again? Or something similar! 

Draadwerk said:
And he rode it like a pro. He is no newbie to DS riding !!! Man, was awesome having you with all of us Saxon.

Het ook al n paar raakgeloop wat "newbies" is wat nie newbies is nie  :lol8:
Great pics and ride Saxon  :thumleft:

subie said:
Draadwerk said:

Het ook al n paar raakgeloop wat "newbies" is wat nie newbies is nie  :lol8:
Great pics and ride Saxon  :thumleft:

Ek is nou 'n newbie het van 82 tot 87 MX gejaag en 'n XT500 Thumper gery (het die merk van die 7 steke in my hakskeen van die "de-compression") Maar dit kom vinnige trug na my.

0012 said:
Baie cool kiekies, wow!
Lyk na lekker paaie  :ricky:

Ek het die naweek hierdie pad gery, dit is fantasties!!!  Lekkerste pad wat ek nog gery het!(Nog nie so baie gedoen nie) Ek sal hom graag weer wil doen!!!  Sal vir julle ride report tik, hopelik met `n paar vids...

Wow, looks like you guys had an awesome ride! :thumleft:

Would one be allowed to sleep over in that deserted town? You know, pitch a tent somewhere on arrival and leave again the next morning?