Bash2Bash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McSack

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
Been wanting to get to a bash or 2 so manufactured a bit of a gap and headed down to Tiekiedraai to get things started and then will be off to the KZN Bash just a week later. Must be some kind of record ... "least number of days between bashes" or something like that ?  :ricky:

Anyways, after much bravado regarding keeping warm with the application of vast quantities of Redheart, I wussed out the Friday and slept over in a lekker warm bed at Orange Elephant. The Drol's hospitality overcame my fear of facing the Sammajoor on Saturday morning with hat in hand

Eventually arrived Saturday morning early-ish and took my abuse from Laban and TweTwe.

... and then bikes just started pouring in...

Tiekiedraai2_zpsbxjfcgat.jpg

What a turnout and really lekker to put faces to forum names. WD's is darrem plesierige mense jong
Tiekiedraai1_zpszozxbybt.jpg

You okes sure know how to make beautiful sunsets down here in the Eastern Cape.
Hell boet!
Tiekiedraai4_zpssf1plzun.jpg

All too soon it was time to say cheers and head out . Gooied back to Orange Elephant via a detour or two
10b_AlicedaleRd_zpsh5kriapx.jpg

10a_AlicedaleRd_zps2nbxe2f4.jpg

... and then it was back to PE for an overnighter in a schnazzy hotel before heading up towards KZN
10OldFarmhouse_zpsaukl8jwr.jpg

05WindFarm_zpsqcdivuuy.jpg

06SkoenmakerCannon_zps0trckx0m.jpg

Nice meeting you McSack... hope you have great and safe journey ahead of you!!!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Schweet Hotwire. Been really lekker meeting up with all you EC Dogs.

Was real nice chatting. Enjoy the rest of the trip and say Hi ! to the KZN reprobates.

Some lekker back roads Grahamstown to Port Alfred today. Didn't stop for too many pics... just rode. Going to catch a beer or 6 with a mate of mine in Chintsa a bit later

Attachments

• RszGTtoPA1.jpg
    RszGTtoPA1.jpg
    87.4 KB
  • RszGTtoPa2.jpg
    RszGTtoPa2.jpg
    84.9 KB
Must say Jup is not as grumpy as people say he is ;)

hey McSack...dit was goed om jou te ontmoet... :thumleft:

ek hoop jy ry veilig en geniet jou tweede bash ,binne n week van mekaar.... :ricky:

...also got to say , Twe-Twe is net so besig soos almal se sy is :). En wat n geseligge mens (hope I got that spelling right :) )

Very lekker to finally put a face to the WD name. Will definitely be back for Tiekiedraai next year

Anyways, been 2 days of awesome riding from East London all the way to Kokstad with a stop over in Rhodes. Some slab ... some dirt
Just going to gooi some pics ... and will update with story where possible

Attachments

• 11_Satansnekpas.jpg
    11_Satansnekpas.jpg
    77 KB
  • 12aBarkleyPass.jpg
    12aBarkleyPass.jpg
    70.7 KB
  • 12bBarkleyPass.jpg
    12bBarkleyPass.jpg
    136.3 KB
  • 12cBarkleyPass.jpg
    12cBarkleyPass.jpg
    94.4 KB

Attachments

• 13fRhodes.jpg
    13fRhodes.jpg
    95.8 KB
  • 13bRhodes.jpg
    13bRhodes.jpg
    98 KB
  • 13dRhodes.jpg
    13dRhodes.jpg
    104.3 KB
  • 13eRhodes.jpg
    13eRhodes.jpg
    83.1 KB

Attachments

• 13Rhodes.jpg
    13Rhodes.jpg
    72.2 KB
Stayed over at a very nice spot in Rhodes that used to be the old mission and school.
Was a bit sad at how many businesses seem to have closed in the town since I was last there. Still a cool place to visit though

... and then it was on to Naude's ... must do pass for any adv rider IMHO. Scenery is so beautiful it almost hurts to look at it . These pictures are just not going to do the area justice

Attachments

• 14aNaudes.jpg
    14aNaudes.jpg
    83.8 KB
  • 14bNaudes.jpg
    14bNaudes.jpg
    112 KB
  • 14cNaudes.jpg
    14cNaudes.jpg
    112.1 KB
  • 14dNaudes.jpg
    14dNaudes.jpg
    114.5 KB
... sun shining but still cold up there ...

Attachments

• 14eNaudes.jpg
    14eNaudes.jpg
    100.4 KB
  • 14fNaudes.jpg
    14fNaudes.jpg
    90.6 KB
  • 14gNaudes.jpg
    14gNaudes.jpg
    129.8 KB
Tommy Transalp said:
Lekker mcsack!...See you at the KZN bash soon!  :thumleft:
looking forward to it brazzie. Taking a slow cruize through the "midlands" tomorrow   :thumleft: check you there

Attachments

• 14hNaudes.jpg
    14hNaudes.jpg
    80.9 KB
  • 14iNaudes.jpg
    14iNaudes.jpg
    153.6 KB
  • 14kNaudes.jpg
    14kNaudes.jpg
    118.2 KB