Beat the heat with MTB jerseys...!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leon H

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hi all,

With summer getting insane here, I have come up with a way to stay cool while touring around...

...I simply wear my long or short sleeve Mountain Bike racing jerseys under my leathers (racing) or jacket (touring). The synthetic kind you buy from pushbike shops. While you are moving you get less sweat accumulating, and slightly more cooling, but it's when you stop you really notice the difference, you remove the jacket during a break and the sweat all pretty much instantly dissapears, and you get cooled, without the sun burning your arms, plus you don't smell like some kind of dodgy mens gym by the end of the day. I have reasonably stylish looking ones without sponsors on them and everything and in subdued colours that you could even wear in the pub for that first cold beer of the afternoon.

They are a little expensive to purchase, but I really recommend you try them out, especially the long sleeve ones, they really make a huge difference to a long hot day of rising.

Cheers

Leon