BENT FRAME XR500RE - NEVERMIND

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spokie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
The frame of my XR is a bit bent, I think, but I do not know which side is the true side (if any).

I'm rebuilding a 1984 RE model and I do not have any measurements of the frame or another frame to compare it with, which creates sort of a minor problem. Seeing I'm rebuilding the bike and going to respray the frame and so on, I do not want to be halfway through the rebuilding to discover some parts do not fit or sit awkwardly skew.
I know (well, I have a good suspicion) that the frame is bent for the kickstart is touching the footpeg bracket, skew footpegs in line with the frame (they are off-centre but they are a bit skew as well), the one inlet is also touching the frame (probably alter that with a spacer under an engine mounting) and the one left side of the frame has a bend which the other side does not have.  ??? Am I getting crazy?
Is it not much but it might become a bigger problem if the weels are on and stuff start to move... Is it possible to fix the frame and how do I know which side is the (more) correct side (if I'm going to do it myself)?
Can someone please confirm or send me a few pics from a few angles of their frame?

Nevermind - I think it is an illusion for the worst part  :p

Attachments

• FRAME BACK.jpg
    FRAME BACK.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 62
  • FRAME BACK 2.jpg
    FRAME BACK 2.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 61
  • KICKSTART TOUCH.jpg
    KICKSTART TOUCH.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 61
  • INLET TOUCH.jpg