Best & quickets route to ride bike from Cape Town to Durban,,,,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Honda VFR1200 CrossTourer
I need to get my bike from Cape Town to Durban, as i would like to make use of it to work & back on a daily basis.
I was thinking of getting it delivered here by the people who move these vehicles but had no response from any of them, i have therefore decided to ride it here myself. It seems like a reasonable ride ,, some 1600 km from Cape Town to Durban.
I would like to consider the actual route to take to do this in the best time as i have one full day available to do this trip.

I have heard that the route passing through , Cape Town , via M2 , along the coast to PE , East London ,uMthatha , Kokstad, Harding ,,,Port Shepstone is the shortest route but rather dangerous , especially when passing through uMthatha.
I believe that though this route is shorter , it will actually take longer than the alternate , longer route. I have done this route before , but did it with a SWB Landrover and not with a bike, and this trip was about 10 years ago,,,,

My Gps reckons that the quickest/fastest route is from Capetown , via N1 to Beaufort West ,Richmond, Colesberg , Bloemfontein, Winburg , Senekal , Bethlehem , Harrismith , Mooi River, PMB then Durbs... My GPS reckons 17hr trip to do this...

Has any fellow dogs done this trip before ? If so what do you guys recommend ?

Latest posts