Betrayal of the Pig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadMoose

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
So there I was happily cruising to work on the N4 almost at the R21 interchange when it happened. I can only describe the feeling as when it suddenly turns quiet and peaceful when astronauts first enter space after launch.

The engine just quits, I pull in the clutch and coast.......

Stopping next to the highway, I start to go through the basic troubleshooting. Key off, key on. Gauges are on, fuel in, temp ok. Flick the Kill Switch a few times and try start. Just cranks over, no fire......

I then spot a gap in the fence with an Engen garage close and decide to push to there.

That's when I betrayed the 1150. I start thinking things like, 'This bike is too old now, too many things can go wrong. What if I was far out on a solo ride and this happens. It must be the hall sensor, I have read of so many guys and their hall sensors just going. What if its the coil? Damm, those are expensive. Hmmmm, maybe I should break her up and sell for spares......'

BETRAYAL!!

I then have something to drink and then decide to try starting her one last time, just maybe...... I turn the key, but this time I hear no fuel pump...... Hmmmm, lets check the fuses again. I swear at myself for not printing out the fuse layout and keeping it on the bike......

I had to strain my eyes on the one that I thought could maybe possibly be blown. I find my spares fuses and as I insert it, and hear the magical sound of the fuel pump.

I press the start button and without hesitation, she fires up and purrs like nothing was wrong.

Sorry my dear Pig, I wont doubt you again....

Attachments

• 20150204_092930.jpg
    20150204_092930.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 308