Bloem Dualers Sunday Afternoon Ride Chapter 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGB

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Following the ride report friend Losper started from our ride 2 weeks ago, there was a request for more and the ride was on for Sunday 16 May.  Same time, same place, some of the same people and a few more.  "A few" being a bit of an understatement.....  The dark world of Bloem arrived in it's entirety.   ;D   You call it the dark side.....  there is a lot more in this town.  No less than 9 990R's arrived, and some more of the same heritage, and to complete the picture - a pair of HP2's, a 1200 GSA and a TT600.  I don't know how many there were, the group was never stationary enough to count.....  :eek:

IMG_4730.jpg

We left the garage and before the turn-off Losper signals that I should go in front.  Clever move....  :deal:  I have no idea who most of these guys are.  So I decide to ride at a steay pace in an attempt to kind of keep the group together. It works OK, and our first stop is the bluegum bush.  Cheerful bunch I think to myself and we continue.

IMG_4731.jpg

IMG_4732.jpg

As we go down the track, I start to realize that some of the "unknown" companions must have a deep racing heritage, and I feel slightly worried that the pace is boring to some.  But we all need to enjoy the ride and I am sure that they would not mind looking at the scenery a bit as well....

IMG_4734.jpg

IMG_4737.jpg

The route is to me a very nice DS ride, and I just enjoy being out there and spending some quality time on my bike.  The terrain is just technical enough to keep you awake, and maintain a decent pace at the same time.  The odd mishap presents itself here and there, but no serious damage to man or machine and we are all in high spirits.

IMG_4738.jpg

IMG_4741.jpg

IMG_4743.jpg

IMG_4744.jpg

IMG_4745.jpg

IMG_4746.jpg

IMG_4750.jpg

Some working up a bit of a sweat, I can see that we are having fun!  :thumleft:

IMG_4751.jpg

Some staring at their dream bike.....  :imaposer:

IMG_4753.jpg

Some making dust....  8)

IMG_4756.jpg

A little fighting here and there  :mwink:

IMG_4762.jpg

IMG_4769.jpg

IMG_4774.jpg

Bit of swimming  :p

IMG_4765.jpg

IMG_4767.jpg

Bit of late braking practice  :eek:

IMG_4776.jpg

Rail crossing - saw all the techniques  ;)

IMG_4778.jpg

IMG_4780.jpg

Towards the end the group fell apart a little with a bit of assistance handed out with things like a flat tyre and a small mechanical issue here and there, whilst others ran out of patience and moved on, so we did not have a last stop to say cheers.  I enjoyed the afternoon, and thanks to all who joined - see you again soon!

Nice fotos! Thanx dit was a great trip. Sorry ons het julle verlaat. Het gewag by die teerpad maar niemand het opgedaag nie. Toe volg ek maar die ander ouens. Ek is volgende keer weer in. Hopelik hoef julle nie so hard te werk om my teen die 34 meter wal uit te kry nie...

Dis OK, ons het nog bietjie "ompad" gery na die teer toe.  En 'n pap wiel en ander klein issues uitgesorteer - so bietjie tyd gevat.  :)

My 5 cents

Attachments

• thaba nchu 042w.jpg
    thaba nchu 042w.jpg
    210.6 KB
  • thaba nchu 044w.jpg
    thaba nchu 044w.jpg
    125.5 KB
  • thaba nchu 046w.jpg
    thaba nchu 046w.jpg
    132.6 KB
  • thaba nchu 047w.jpg
    thaba nchu 047w.jpg
    161.6 KB
  • thaba nchu 052w.jpg
    thaba nchu 052w.jpg
    158.7 KB
Some more

Attachments

• thaba nchu 054w.jpg
    thaba nchu 054w.jpg
    134.8 KB
  • thaba nchu 056w.jpg
    thaba nchu 056w.jpg
    154.1 KB
  • thaba nchu 060w.jpg
    thaba nchu 060w.jpg
    151.5 KB
  • thaba nchu 062w.jpg
    thaba nchu 062w.jpg
    157.8 KB
  • thaba nchu 063w.jpg
    thaba nchu 063w.jpg
    187 KB
lekker. :thumleft: so watter tegniek werk die beste vir a rail crossing? ek weet die 45deg approach werk nie so lekker nie. >:D

WHEN IN DOUBT GAS IT OUT!!! Trick van spoorlyn ry: Momentum. Always try and cross over a sleeper. Tyre grip is better and therefore keeping momentum wil be easier.