Bloody Muddy Canal Ride - 20-12-09

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the_priest said:
Fugly said:
IMG00034-20091220-1005.jpg

It's not a off, there is no separation! ;)

Side stand incident :imaposer:

Doringboom said:
:eek7: Goeie hel! Tot watter uiterstes gaan julle die anti-teerpad rebellie nog vat? :D

Ek het nou al 'n paar maal 'n geadverteerde kanaal-trippie hier op die Forum in die stilligheid oorweeg, maar nog elke keer uit ge-chicken omdat ek nie die vrede vertrou nie ;) Daai moddermonster is genadeloos >:D Nogtans welgedaan almal van julle :ricky:

Leon wasn't lying intentionally. The canal ride is normally a newbie-friendly, pillion-friendly walk in the park. I was unaware that the mud-monster lurked there after the rain storms.  I think it was just perfect conditions for sukkelling - overnight rains, and then just enough time to dry the mud from slushy to sticky, but not enough time to dry it to ride over and past the puddles. 

On my last ride up there we were at Beestekraal at 11:00 after a later start with a few biological breaks. This time we made half way by 12:30 with many stops to try to clear the mud out with the mud-spanners. 

Goodness, I haven't seen this canals this bad!  Glad you okes didn't drown...

Looks like you had lots of fun.  :thumleft:

GundaGunda said:
Doringboom said:
:eek7: Goeie hel! Tot watter uiterstes gaan julle die anti-teerpad rebellie nog vat? :D

Ek het nou al 'n paar maal 'n geadverteerde kanaal-trippie hier op die Forum in die stilligheid oorweeg, maar nog elke keer uit ge-chicken omdat ek nie die vrede vertrou nie ;) Daai moddermonster is genadeloos >:D Nogtans welgedaan almal van julle :ricky:

Leon wasn't lying intentionally. The canal ride is normally a newbie-friendly, pillion-friendly walk in the park. I was unaware that the mud-monster lurked there after the rain storms.  I think it was just perfect conditions for sukkelling - overnight rains, and then just enough time to dry the mud from slushy to sticky, but not enough time to dry it to ride over and past the puddles. 

On my last ride up there we were at Beestekraal at 11:00 after a later start with a few biological breaks. This time we made half way by 12:30 with many stops to try to clear the mud out with the mud-spanners. 

When we rode back through it at about 3:00 it was already drying up significantly  8)

Grim before the real snot.....
url]

Can you tell the  difference between the canal and the road?
If you look really hard you may....

20122009029.jpg

20122009030.jpg

20122009031.jpg

A quick up after a small side stand incident...
20122009032.jpg

TrailBlazer said:
Lightning said:
A quick up after a small side stand incident...

At least I wasn't the only one that had one of these incidents...   :biggrin:   :pot:

There were a years worth in one day, me twice Grim twice Lightnin once I think  :biggrin:

Geesh what a canal ride. :eek: :eek: :eek:.. that mud cant have been fun ...but it sure

added a different angle to taking the bends.... :ricky:

Must have been fun nevertheless.. :mwink:

I keep getting errors on the Grim photo. I gonna try and load it again. Hope it works right this time.
Am I the only one with the error?

20122009027.jpg

LouisXander said:
Gunda, don't want to spoil your fun, but you have to remember: Old bones takes longer to heal!   :eek:

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4: :peepwall:

LouisXander said:
Gunda, don't want to spoil your fun, but you have to remember: Old bones takes longer to heal!   :eek:

Thank you so much for reminding me !.

But it's not just bones. It's cartilage, tendons, muscle etc.

The one thing that heals faster as you get older is damage to the ego.

D.I.L.I.G.A.F.    ;D

Latest posts