• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

BMW 650 GS/Dakar for sale 2007 *Sold*

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adventurer

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
We're selling this Dakar, specs as follows:
36000km
ABS and heated grips
Upgraded front springs
Barkbusters and handlebar raisers
SW Motech crashbars
SW Motech Centrestand
BMW topbox
S/S chainguard and caliper protector
Power point on dash
Touratech front mudguard
Touratech brake lever
Recent full service, new steering bearings and fork seals
Rear shock only done 7500 km
New battery
Wide footpegs
Stebel hooter (illegal in the USA, way too loud)
Powerflow exhaust with toolbox (Standard exhausts to go with the bike)

The bike's history:
Bought at 7000km by previous owner (Details available on request) to do a trip right around Africa, I kitted it out for him, it had a sticker kit fitted which I removed after we bought it, hence the different 'DAKAR' decal, the previous owner rode it to Cairo over a period of 3 months, changed filters and oil every 5000km (remember, was planning to go all the way, was meticulous about the bike) he got to Cairo and decided he wasn't having fun anymore, had the bike crated and flew it and himself back to Jhb, I uncrated it and restored it back to running condition, (all fluids were removed for airfreight) we then bought it for my wife to use, getting back into biking after her bad crash 3 years ago, she has now decided she will probably never ride again due to her injury not recovering properly, so the bike is now being sold. Note, I went through this bike with a fine toothcomb, it was to be my wife's bike so everything had to be absolutely tiptop.
The rear shock was an Ohlins which broke due to bad material, hence the original shock being refitted which only did 7500km.

Asking price - R52000.00

Attachments

• IMG_1140.JPG
    IMG_1140.JPG
    98.2 KB