BMW 650 X Challenge - Respect.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smithey

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
I done just under 1200km today from George straight to Vanderbijlpark on the new bike. Tar all the way so there wont be a ride report, i didnt take many pictures.

I was expecting to be a broken man when i got back  :imaposer: A bit of a sore rump, ive had worse  :deal: and im a little exhausted. I didnt eat on the trip except for a Mars bar and 2 sneaky beers. I was on a mission to get the km's done.

The bike was superb  :thumleft: 140kmh is an easy cruising speed, 160 in sections that quite surprised me. The wind was a bit of an issue, especially on the hills... i couldnt get more than 90 full throttle some times.

All in all a lekker journey and a great way to know the engine is solid and reliable.

Cant wait to get some solid dirt riding done. I only done a 20 minute ride up a sandy forest twee spoor just out side Wilderness in the Cape, and i loved it. Light, nimble, fast and the ohlin suspension is the bomb. Had to cut the ride short cause i landed on me gonads after a little jump  :eek:  not used to the seat or the height of the bike, its got me on my tippie toes at times.

So far, great investment  :thumleft:

Latest posts