BMW MCC Winter Ride to Sutherland : On and Off Road Rides : 17th - 18th : July 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rojo

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
Ah well, after a string of human errors, laziness, ignorance and just “we don’t care we are invincible” my, this, weekend away to Sutherland got buggered up! About eight weeks ago the drive shaft of my BMW motorcycle was worn out (125000Km)! BMW has no stock in Africa (they only have a few thousand of these bikes on the road). But no problem a second-hand part supplier recommended by a BMW dealer sent me one promptly! Upon fitment it was found to be faulty. A replacement was sent the next day  01/06/2010 and was “lost?????” in the post (and i had left for Europe). The dealer it was sent to could not trace said item but upon my return from Europe last Friday and once I had obtained the tracking number it took me 48 hours to have the drive shaft at the dealer yesterday, this 6 weeks after it got “lost”! But lo and behold now the drive shaft is to short. Should I laugh???

https://www.bmwmotorcycleclubcape.co.za/bmw-mcc-winter-ride-sutherland-and-off-road-rides-2-or-3-day-ride-options-july-2010