Boosterplug fitted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volroom

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
Know this topic has been in the forum before, sorry. I got my booster plug from Jens (www.boosterplug.com) I'm sure the accelerator module does the same. Fitting it was real easy (when I made a turn at Welsh on Saturday), just take off seat, unplug, plug in, tie strap temp sensor somewhere it should be, finish. Have to say though..i'm impressed. The bike (GS 1150) runs cooler (got up to six bars in town, now only 5). Noticeably better acceleration, especially roll-on..I'm shifting less. Before I down geared quite often when passing doing say 100 km/h plus. Not anymore, even in 6th gear (overdrive). What I also like is that the idling seems stronger, especially once it's warm. The top fairing and screen used to shake and sometimes pulling away would required some clutch slipping to keep it from stalling. That's one thing, the first gear on this bike could have been less "tall". What do you call it? maybe that's why the clutch can go on these bikes sometimes. Anyways, the bike sure is more enjoyable riding around town. Haven't checked the fuel consumption though, will update. But have to agree, the engine seems more..happy. That makes me happy :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG-20110723-00242.jpg
    IMG-20110723-00242.jpg
    424.3 KB