Braai inni Bos - Skurweberg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On reflection of a great days riding, it dawned on me the significance of the place we were taken to.

ThinkMike and I were peeping into his GPS, looking for some single tracks he had downloaded from Google Earth, when I noticed the waypoint 'VLAKPLAAS'. For those of you who don't know, Vlakplaas was the Headquarters of the now defunked police hit squad where (the now incarcerated) Eugene de Kok and his band of merry men, including Ferdie Barnard and Calla Botha of the CCB used to get up to their dirty tricks.

Jules, Dave and JohnST led us to our braai area which was less than 500 meters away from this evil place. What were the three WD's up to? What were they thinking? Were we in danger? Was this venue a mere coincidence?

Then I remembered 'Skuwerberg'. This was and army shooting range and the place that I crawled (on a fours) for 14 hours during my first army 'opfok'. All because I turned around on the shooting range with a fully loaded R4 rifle. Apparently that is a NO NO on a shooting range.

CONSPIRACY I FEAR!!!!! Jules, Dave and JohnST, I demand that you come clean: Why did you take us there? Are you agents of the Police Hit Squad????  :peepwall:

a police tried to shoot me once - i'm a victim not a conspirator.