Bronkhorstspruit and surrounds Sunday 31

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Hondsiff Honda

Did a roundabout spin to Bronks ended up the far side of Witbank, anyone know this area well?
There is some good riding, we did quite a bit through veld but eventually got snookered and had to track back to the gravel but some roads through the mountains were awesome.
Some nice property out there 50 km out of bronks ..a few deserted houses wondered if some were deceased estates or if the okes are getting flack from land / farm invasions?

Got a bit lost and asked these helpful folks where we were.

P1030481.jpg

P1030527.jpg

P1030373.jpg

P1030536.jpg

P1030582.jpg

P1030533.jpg

P1030631.jpg

We came in near the Sambok bar following the railway lines. Tried  to roost my mate through a long snot puddle..turned out to be super deep and super slippery :peepwall:
anyway awsome ride.

hey PS,

f@#KING NICE PICS,
nice ride report.

next time you go give me a shout i play in that area allot. would be nice to have someone to ride with.
:thumleft:

madmike999 said:
hey PS,

f@#KING NICE PICS,
nice ride report.

next time you go give me a shout i play in that area allot. would be nice to have someone to ride with.
:thumleft:

Thanks Mike! we must definately it would be great to head out with someone who knows the area and to catch up
Chris

Super photos!!!

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

charlw said:
Super photos!!!

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Thanks charlw, when you guys gonna come ride up in big smoke?

isnt it this road here?

28122009001.jpg

East from cullinan, off the tar and head to bronkhorst spruit?

HVDM said:
isnt it this road here?

28122009001.jpg

East from cullinan, off the tar and head to bronkhorst spruit?

Looks familiar definately the same or sim area, not certain where we were as we looped out once then got a bit confused so put the gps on as the crow flies and moered over land where possible..you ride this are often?

heres a side pic same road

P1030464.jpg

Yes quite often for day trips to clear my head.  Better to go there than left into cullinan and face all the harleys, speed bikes and the fashion show. I prefer empty places.

If you see a silver BMW and a red jacket, wave and say Howzit. I will share what is in my backpack: coffee, biltong etc

HVDM said:
Yes quite often for day trips to clear my head.  Better to go there than left into cullinan and face all the harleys, speed bikes and the fashion show. I prefer empty places.

If you see a silver BMW and a red jacket, wave and say Howzit. I will share what is in my backpack: coffee, biltong etc

Thanks will do :thumleft: would have killed for biltong earlier on this ride although we found a garrage that had a bottle store and a butchery and bought 40 bucks worth of droewors and biltong got two ice cold heinekens....lekker ;D

This is where we started the cross country and eventually had to track back as we hit fences.

P1030642.jpg

P1030644.jpg

Ha ha! I do the same! If I can find  biltong or droewors, its as important as refueling!

I make my own and if my kids dont eat it all, forcing me to buy, I take it along.

Sorry, dont carry beer... we must find a bottle store broer! I will buy you one.

Just Oros usually,  or coffee if Im out at like 0500.

If you feel the need to kill for the biltong, no need, I will share  :biggrin: Besides, next to the biltong in my backpack is a firearm :biggrin:

Just wait for me on the dirt. Im on a 1200. I will catch up when we hit tar  :biggrin:

hmm, obviously you are taking pics while riding.....well I guess that means you are not staring at your front wheel  :imaposer:

HVDM said:
Ha ha! I do the same! If I can find  biltong or droewors, its as important as refueling!

I make my own and if my kids dont eat it all, forcing me to buy, I take it along.

Sorry, dont carry beer... we must find a bottle store broer! I will buy you one.

If you feel the need to kill for the biltong, no need, I will share  :biggrin: Besides, next to the biltong in my backpack is a firearm :biggrin:

Just wait for me on the dirt. Im on a 1200. I will catch up when we hit tar  :biggrin:

:thumleft: , whats the gatt doing in your pack? should be in your boot  ;)

Pistonslap said:
HVDM said:

:thumleft: sounds like a plan, whats the gatt doing in your pack? should be in your boot  ;)

I dont have a boot. Its in the pack or under the jacket, depending where I go. Its beacuse Im usually alone.

I live in Pretoria east and take gaps when I dont have the kids to get away. I think you know the feeling of freedom. Planning long trips is one thing, but the freedom of getting out for a few hours and going anywhere with no plans is another. sometimes I ride all the time, sometimes find a lekker plek and stop for a long time.  Meeting up with lekker Ous and chilling is another possibility. Like I said, whatever comes along: the freedom of being on a bike.

Know the area very well---------Part of my backyard--some awesome riding out there--one can even make a day trip from there to The Town of Val and back----or hook up part of the Road to Loskop Dam or even Stoffberg and Steelpoort

Nice riding when you are only three or fou guys who can keep the pace up and cover some distance----------

Stunning photos  :thumleft: very very nice.

blazes said:
Know the area very well---------Part of my backyard--some awesome riding out there--one can even make a day trip from there to The Town of Val and back----or hook up part of the Road to Loskop Dam or even Syffberg and Steelpoort

Nic riding when you are only three or fou guys who can keep the pace up and cover some distance----------

so you're going to show me your back yard when I am up there.  :mwink:

Need to do serious exploring and getting to know new places.

blazes said:
Know the area very well---------Part of my backyard--some awesome riding out there--one can even make a day trip from there to The Town of Val and back----or hook up part of the Road to Loskop Dam or even Syffberg and Steelpoort

Nic riding when you are only three or fou guys who can keep the pace up and cover some distance----------

Must make a plan, I need mapsource for apple then Ill get the real benefit of gps..steelpport is on the cards for the next one  :thumleft:

Mark Hardy said:
Stunning photos  :thumleft: very very nice.

blazes said:

so you're going to show me your back yard when I am up there.  :mwink:

Need to do serious exploring and getting to know new places.

Thanks Mark just snapping without looking at the screen so most were pot luck...