Buying a "High Mileage" Super Tenere

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiLR650

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
Hi All,

I've been looking at upgrading from my trusty KLR for a while now, need something with a bit more punch to ride the missus with on the long roads. KLR can do it... As long as I stick to 100kph and dont overload it... Which is frustrating for someone like me.

I road the 800GS, nice bike, but the missus dont like the pillion seat at all and it's very expensive. We then went to test the Tiger 800XC and I have nothing but good things to say about it, even the missus likes it, but @ 119,000 it is a bit too expensive for me right now.

Then I spotted a 2010 Super Tenere with 47,000 km's for 90,000 and I believe I can push for a little bit more discount as well.

Bike comes with Aluminium Panniers, Aluminium Skid Plate, High Screen, Headlight guard and Aprovic Exhaust.

Would you okes say this is a good buy? Would you recommend I go for it? Is the mileage a concern?

I'm planning on owning this bike for maybe 3 or 4 years, but it could always be that I trade it up for something next year.