Calling all Drift HD owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
howdy

I recently bought a new Drift HD from Action Cameras. I had a fault with the first unit I received, so I sent it back only to receive a new one, No questions asked.... Thanks to Warrick and the team from AT for you awesome service.

I head off to Mozambique on my trip, hoping to film some of my riding, which I managed but some clips didnt actually record properly, and again I have the same fault with the new Drift HD and I send that one back to AT again as well. The courier delivered my camera to me today, and I am still having the same problem....as follows

with the camera settings set at 1080 res and 30fps, it works perfectly. If I change the settings to shoot at 720 res and 50fps i get the following fault.

I shoot in 720, 50fps and can film till the card is full or battery runs flat. If I turn the camera off  set with the 720/50fps settings, the camera will not turn on again. if I press the power button, the green light comes on and the screen flashes, only once, a full white screen very briefly, after 3 seconds or so the logo appears on screen and then goes off after a few seconds. at this point the camera should go to the live view. however, the logo will go off the screen and then the camera will turn itself off and the green power light turns off.

I then have to do a master reset to get the camera on again and this will reset the camera to the default 1080 res and 30fps.

I have tested all the other resolution and fps combinations and the only setting that is causing a glitch is the 720p 50fps.

My question here is to all you who own the Drift HD 1080p. Are you having the same issues?? have you tried this setting before?? if you have and now cant get the camera turned on again, Drift Innovations UK sent me the reset procedure to enable me to get my camera working again. I have asked if I can post the procedure here on the forum, but they have asked me not to and I have given my word that I wont. I will however tell you over the phone if need be.

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue?