Cape SUNDAY NOOB RIDE RR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basset said:
Two "moeg" Wild dogs spotted at Calabash.
Left Fidel Castro and on the right the local boerboel. (Both neutered)

Swaerrie, wat sê jy nou ?    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

What a dogs life!

Only wish i could reach down there like the dog can.

Dankie Basset en Oom Fou vir die lekker keier.

08h00 Meet up

Andycameramarch007.jpg

We had to wait a while as Uiltjie was on his way (all the way from Caledon)
We regrouped once on the first sand road and did a head count.17 in all.

Andycameramarch008.jpg

The roads as promised by droff were quite good , not too sandy , but with no wind , very dusty.
Uiltjie

Andycameramarch011.jpg

A long line of bikes

Andycameramarch009.jpg

WD Waiting while we closed a gate

Andycameramarch010.jpg

Smoke brake

Andycameramarch012.jpg

Back on the tar , cool fresh morning

Andycameramarch014.jpg

What is this building ?

Andycameramarch017.jpg

Tony & Tracy

Andycameramarch021.jpg

Lonerider

Andycameramarch020.jpg

We stopped at Riebeck Kasteel for breakfast
(left)Basset , Lonerider , Thys , Uiltjie oom fou-rie

Andycameramarch023.jpg

Droffarc waiting to hit the dirt again

Andycameramarch024.jpg

Tok-tokkie

Andycameramarch026.jpg

Iceman ( I think that KTM 950 is too small for him)

Andycameramarch028.jpg

Die Uil ( I think he`s gay ! )

Andycameramarch029.jpg

Little E

Andycameramarch030.jpg

After we left Riebeck Kasteel, we headed for Hermon , there was 10 of us left , the rest headed home.
Droff asked if we wanted the short or the long way  , we chose the long way and he took us on some new roads winding between the farms.Thys very nearly had his first fall as he missed a turn off.

This is an old Slave Bell tower at an old school near Wellington

Andycameramarch032.jpg

A farm  we past

Andycameramarch033.jpg

The guys wanted a cold beer , so we headed up the Bainskloof road ,  only to find out the place was closed.So after a quick vote  , we oppeted to go over Bainskloof to Callash.A little way up , I came across "Little E " on the side of the road , stripping of his helmet and jacket at a fearce pace.Apparently , he got a "bee in his bonnet" !Luckely , no sting.
I went on and found Tok-tokkie waiting around the corner for us , gee , can that toppie ride , I chased him all the way up to the top of bainskloof.

At the Calabash we met up with Newguy , Sprokketbek and his mates , the were returning from The Swallows Rally and had stopped for some lunch.
Pic  not too good.

Andycameramarch041.jpg

PICT0253.jpg

Andycameramarch039.jpg

Basset , you can call your self KUDU now !
From Left , Tok-tokkie , Basset , Oom Foe-rie

Droffarc , thank you for choosing geat roads and leading the ride and to kethk and Uiltjie for helping me to sweep , and to all who came and made the day possible.
Thys , now you can easily do level 3 rides , just watch out for the turn offs.!

Thanks guys.  Long way to go for the final beer.  Been past there many times but this is first time i have been into the Calabash.

The more I read this thread, the more dissapointed I am about not being there......  :'(

XT660R, why do you think I'm gay?  Just because we shared a kiss? ;)

Very nice turnout. Looks like everyone had lots of fun.
Some very nice pics from all.
Thanks

XT660R said:
At the Calabash we met up with Neyguy , Sprokketbek and his mates , the were returning from The Swallows Rally and had stopped for some lunch.
Pic  not too good.

Who is this Neyguy you refer to?  ;D

Oom Foerie se baie dankie aan almal. Lekker gery, ge-eet en gedrink. Sorry Thys dat jy nie kon bybly in Bainskloof nie, maar jy moet onthou Oom se Africa Twin se voorwiel was toe na sy tuisdorp se kant toe gedraai en hy het geweet hy kan by Calabash bietjie gaan rus.

Ek gaan nou iets bekend maak waarvan net ek, Uiltjie en Basset geweet het. Met hierdie ride het Oom Foe-rie en Basset, ja ons is broers, mekaar weer met die voorvoet gegroet na, Basset help my, 10, 11 of 12 jaar.

HIERMEE WIL EK NET DANKIE SE VIR WILDDOGS :love3:

newguy said:
XT660R said:
At the Calabash we met up with Neyguy , Sprokketbek and his mates , the were returning from The Swallows Rally and had stopped for some lunch.
Pic  not too good.

Who is this Neyguy you refer to?  ;D
And how come I didn't realise we had been to Victoria West?

Oom Foe-rie said:
Ek gaan nou iets bekend maak waarvan net ek, Uiltjie en Basset geweet het. Met hierdie ride het Oom Foe-rie en Basset, ja ons is broers, mekaar weer met die voorvoet gegroet na, Basset help my, 10, 11 of 12 jaar.

Lekker!!! :) :) Dan moet ons hoop daar is nog baie sulke ritte... :)

lonerider said:
Oom Foe-rie said:

That's the spirit!

Ek is so bly om sulke goed te hoor, ek haat enige vorm van konflik, en dit maak my bly!

Ja, ek moes PMs beantwoord oor wie is wie, dankie tog dis verby, en nou kan ons lekker saamry!

Ek, Basset en Foe-rie (oom se moer, hy's nog jonk, het net te veel sinkplaat pad gery!) was saam op Laerskool en Hoërskool. 

Julle het altwee lekker oud geword, het julle darem mekaar herken? ;) ;) ;)

Hehehehe! ;D ;D ;D

Thanks WDs!

Basset / Oom Fourie bly to hoor en sterkte voort mag julle nog deur stof en modder ry ! ;) ;)

Kerels, ek dink nie daar is genoeg brannas in Solly Kramers om op te maak vir 11jaar en 3 maande se verlore stories nie...hel, nou gaan ons darem eers lekker kuier om op te maak. ;D

Thank you Andy and Drof (and all those invoved) for planing this ride. Firstly is was going to be me and Andy going on a quite easy ride, but in true wild dog spirit, you never ride alone, the pack is always with you. Both Tracey and myself enjoyed ourselves, dust and all. Really a big thank you to everyone on the ride you made it happen.

Uiltjie said:
lonerider said:
Oom Foe-rie said:

That's the spirit!

Ek is so bly om sulke goed te hoor, ek haat enige vorm van konflik, en dit maak my bly!

Ja, ek moes PMs beantwoord oor wie is wie, dankie tog dis verby, en nou kan ons lekker saamry!

Ek, Basset en Foe-rie (oom se moer, hy's nog jonk, het net te veel sinkplaat pad gery!) was saam op Laerskool en Hoërskool. 

Julle het altwee lekker oud geword, het julle darem mekaar herken? ;) ;) ;)

Hehehehe! ;D ;D ;D

Thanks WDs!

Uil dankie vir jou ook.  ;)

Maar Uil jou gat ook, dis nie ek wat ouer geword het nie, dis jou ogies wat swakker geword het :D