Cape to Kaokoland and back, KTM950 & AT.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamanya

Andrew to most
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Hello All

I did a ride recently to Namibia and back with a friend.

It took a hell of a lot of time to post it onto another site so I have asked a moderator if t is appropriate just to give you the URL and let you read the story rather than doing it all again here. Just lazy I guess.

Enjoy, I sure did.

https://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114743

Cheers

Really great trip and great report. Welcome to the site, and may you use it next time as your first choice for trip reporting.

If you can't see the photo's... it is because I am changing over to a smugmug account. OUr server that holds all the pictures has crashed.

It will be fixed soon.

Cheers

was an enjoyable read all over again :) :) :)
lekker trip there
great shots :wink:

Good story!! :thumbright: My wife is originally from Namibia, we still have some family in Omaruru. Incredible country, those wide dirt roads are the best 950 riding conditions one can ever ask for. Well done! Great ride. :D

envy :arrow: :)

Brilliant report and pics! Been there with a 4x4 and it has been a dream ever since to do the trip with a bike. I guess you're right - just set a date!

Awesome ride!! Thanks very much!!!

I'm printing it out and sticking it in a file for future reference

Man I just spend a whole hour reading this report instead of looking for work - well worth it :D

Well off to get the paint out for my next coat on the dream castle :lol:

helo craig /kamanya
just joined the forum and read your article,did more or less the same trip in 1996 except we went the desert side/western side from palmwag-sesfontein-porus-rooidrom-marienfluss-UP VAN ZYLSPASS- to epupa.it was a unbelievable adventure.we were 4 guys on a atwin,super tenere,cagiva,1000 bmw gs.due to the route we had to cover more than 500 km and carried extra fuel.going up van zyls pass was a new experience and i do not think i will do it again---it is serious stuff--we had to build the road at some places and it took us a long time to cover the 20 odd kilo's.i have been to lesotho more than 10 times and have done almost all the roads there but i still have to find a road that challanges van zyls pass to okangwati.

by the way i visited soussosvlei one year ,1998, after it rained and actually swam in the vlei.the water started just after the carpark.it was unreal.i will be doing a trip next aug to kaokoland.

I really enjoyed the report! It's really something special I will defnitly read it again... thanks

Somebody that knows how these links work, might want to share with Kamanya that Advrider report from Metaljockey about his Kaokoland trip: Goat Meat, riverbeds and good friends.

Think MJ and kamanya know, if not, edit on ADVrider copy and paste the entire trip report into a new post with WD.

But it does not matter people can just open the URL, takes about the same effort

Boy was that a good read!  I'm sitting here looking out at the rain in a very wet Buckinghamshire (UK). We did the Sossusvlei, Solitaire, Bokarrose trip in a 4x4 three years ago. We camped right next to your camp in Sossusvlei. Girlfiend's brother still lives in SA so he took us arround. I often longed to have my KTM when traveling about Namibia. We're hoping to make it next year. I really enjoyed the read but it's made me a bit depressed! I wish i could come 'home'. :'(

Nice ride  Kamanya  O0

I see my future clearly now..

- Take bike for service, put on knobblies, kiss wife goodbye, go ride in Namibia.

Awesome, thanks for the report.

Advrider is a good site... but Wilddogs is better!! >:D >:D

Nardus, I was onto that report of you guys before he had even finished it. We had some PM's about tracks and stuff.

In my opinion one of the top 10 on the whole ADV site.

Thanks for the kind words guys/girls it is great to open it every once in a while to remind myself that these things need to be done and are not so ar out of reach.

Great report,really great!!

When we doing it again?? Com'on,take me with you  ;)

Latest posts