Car related question which engine will fit my Audi - BFB or AWT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeltonsc

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLE 500
Howzit Guys,

Well my December got off to a Great start with the dam dog klapping me 12k in total and now the misses driving my Audi till the Engine siezed

Needless to say I'm fuming but cannot say much to keep what little fragile peace there is. :dousing: :dousing: :dousing: :dousing:

So my Audi Engine has seized from heat, the plastic fittings on the block have melted so I rekon that motor is toast and really not worth fixing.

Now on these 1.8T Audi engines there are tons of different models, if I can trust the Wiki page the B6 A4 came with to such motors the BFB that mine has and the AMB.

I cannot source a imported BFB engine for under R22k but can get the 1.8t AMB engine for around R15k

I found an AWT engine for R10500 from MYMAuto in Alrode

Surely there must be someone on this forum that could point me in the right direction, I'm sure it will fit, I'm more worried about compatibility with the current ECU with different injectors, sensors etc, cause I can see myself spending ages re-coding all of these with the VAG com

Also down pipes and water pipes mountings etc? I don't want to have to reinvent the wheel to get this car back on the road.