CEDERBERG ADVENTURE BIKE CHALLENGE 2009

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A fantastic long weekend.

In the short time I have known Horsepower I have almost become used to such top notch
organising, Horsepower is da man!!

Rony, damned good of you to take us up the mountain for the orange route on Sunday morning when most people had already left. It was really special.

Roll on next years event!

GO GIRL said:
WOW looks like a whole lot of Fun for the weekend... :ricky: :ricky:

the skills challenge must have been very challenging... :eek:

I dont mind riding into the cones but that tree.... :eek:

everyone is full of smiles....the venue and social GRT :thumleft:

well next year work kept me pretty busy this time around...

Was awesome....Hoop om jo volgende jaar daar te sien :thumleft:

Thanx to Hennie , Daniel , Rony and all involved with the organisation of the event , had a wonderful time and I am certain everyone else did as well , roll on next year.  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Hey guys and girls

I had a great time. I managed to loose my sun glasses and would really like to get them back.

They are Adidas Evil Eye glasses. The frame is see-through plastic with black bits.

A bottle of wine is up for grabs on their safe return.

Regards

Daniel Nelson

Lets Ride!!!

Thanks Sack! The weekend was superb! Venue perfect, Red Routes perfect, People perfect, Food perfect,
Weather perfect, only you were missing.  :'(

Here is what those Adidas Sunglases look like...

CABC008.jpg

And here is a little teaser I just can't resist to the return trip Dustdevil and I had... Report coming soon.

CABC035.jpg

Looks like a good weekend was had by all. Hope to be there next year.

I am still in bed and it is already after 8 in the morning. My body is just so buggered I don't know if I can get up. Stiff mussels and a badly bruised or maybe fractured rib is only but an constant and unpleasant reminder of an awesome weekend... and a half, our return on Sunday turned out to be a adventure on it's own. Running out of water, fuel and energy, getting lost, driving trough dust storms and over snakes to end  up in the sandpit 50 yards from the toll gate!!!... but more of this later.

Horsepower was mentioning something about the red route not being a bike breaker but challenging enough even for the blokes on the plastics. Altough maybe not a bike breaker the RED route surly left plenty of scrapes and scratches on everyones bash plates as well as a few bruises and lots of stiff mussels. It was surely not for the fainthearted and left me completely exhausted after only 35 km on the first day. In fact I even saw one Country Trax off-road instructor going down on his HP2!!! and two guys on F800GS's at the same spot. One coming down and one going up.
The level of riding skill of the red route riders was very high and everyone was having a ball. Congratulations for the guys wearing the red caps, you all deserve the recognition and for Dan with the "blou gevaarte" up front, you really showed us how it's done on that 1200GS of yours. These were not the type of routes to attempt with a 1200GS.

I know this was mention a few times in this thread so far but I would also like to thank Horsepower for putting together a awesome event, you are kicking the GS Challenge ass from here to Tombouctou, besides, I don't like all the fancy dinner events, your food was great.

The skills challenge was also a first class event and the qualifier on the first day was though as can be. Congrats Michiel for doing so well.

Thanks guys i am sure the team that worked so hard this weekend will appreciate all the comments, you guys were great!!

Well I am glad you guys enjoyed the routes and skills challenge! Next year even better and I am playing with some ideas already (how do I enter an evil grin here?). Having this kind of feedback compensates for the long hours and days in the saddle finding the routes and preparing this event. Thanks to all there I enjoyed it as well, Hennie lets do this again.

Thanks rony a great team can do great things, i am sure we will make next year even better :blob6:

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who should be fitter!  After 12 hours in the saddle on Sunday ... Orange then Green then Home ... I slept WELL!

Die Malletjie said:
Well I am glad you guys enjoyed the routes and skills challenge! Next year even better and I am playing with some ideas already (how do I enter an evil grin here?). Having this kind of feedback compensates for the long hours and days in the saddle finding the routes and preparing this event. Thanks to all there I enjoyed it as well, Hennie lets do this again.

Welcome to the Wild-dog forum Rony! can't wait for what you have in mind for next year  >:D. Pity I did not make the qualifying as I know I would have done much better on the second day skills challenge. HPN only had inline stability in mind when these bikes were built so turning them is not easy but Michiel showed me it can be done so next year I will practice a lot.

(I saw you've been around for longer than I am, you need to post more to get rid of that newbie status.)

A HUGE thanks Hennie!!! I'd been looking forward to the event for ages and wasn't disappointed. Rony promised that the orange routes would be fantastic and this was delivered. I arrived at the Cederberg a little apprehensive having had a bit of a 'sidestand incident' a month ago, but left feeling loads more confident in the saddle...

All in all very well organised:
- Great location: The camping spots very comfortable and watering hole was good to cool down in after the rides. Also really good bathroom facilities (a must for girls :) ) Beautiful surroundings - stunning waterfalls!
- Awesome rides: Saturday's orange route was stunning! Thanks to everyone for scouting these out!
- Wonderful people: Need I say more?

Two enthusiastic thumbs up from me  :thumleft: :thumleft:

I'll definitely be back next year for some more!!!  :ricky:

PinkGoat said:
A HUGE thanks Hennie!!! I'd been looking forward to the event for ages and wasn't disappointed. Rony promised that the orange routes would be fantastic and this was delivered. I arrived at the Cederberg a little apprehensive having had a bit of a 'sidestand incident' a month ago, but left feeling loads more confident in the saddle...

All in all very well organised:
- Great location: The camping spots very comfortable and watering hole was good to cool down in after the rides. Also really good bathroom facilities (a must for girls :) ) Beautiful surroundings - stunning waterfalls!
- Awesome rides: Saturday's orange route was stunning! Thanks to everyone for scouting these out!
- Wonderful people: Need I say more?

Two enthusiastic thumbs up from me  :thumleft: :thumleft:

I'll definitely be back next year for some more!!!  :ricky:

Is that what its called!  :mwink:

You Generaal are a girl 's BEST friend when she has a side stand incident .  In fact I can think of no one I would rather see when I am sitting in a heap of sand on my bike's side than Generaal charging to the rescue all smiles ,with not a raised eyebrow or a frown in sight  :)Thanks a lot  ;)

Thanks Horseopower , Milady and the other organisers like Malletjie and Dan the Man for an awesome week-end , the rides were superb ! Very challenging , but out of this world beautiful . I dont know what that grader did to Wupherthal but I had to ride it twice in two days . And as for the Orange Route on Saturday through private farms , wow what beauty and what an overgrown , sandy , twee spoor difficult route that was , proteas whamming the handlebars from side to side whilst I tried, mostly succesfully ,to stay on the bike as the twee spoor twisted and turned all over the place . Vey challenging and very beautiful . I can hardly walk after the week-end yet  can't wait for the next one.

Must congratulate you all on the very well organised event , evrything went as smooth as syrup , from the loverly camp site, the food and the events themselves  , a great big thanks to everyone who helped. 

As for the skills challenge it was one of the best I've seen , the photos will tell that story .

Lastly for all who attended it was great to see you all .

ps Well done Michiel you are a star !!!

DAnkie aan jul almal wat daar was!! Dit was soooo lekker om almal te kon ontmoet en net te kon chat en te kon sien hoe julle off roaders dit kon geniet... :ricky:

Hennie, Rony, Daniel en Leon jul ht 'n great job gedoen met die reelings en roetes.Hennie met al die reelings wat so glad verloop het en ek niks tekort gehad het nie...

Moet se ek was te op my senuwees met die Saterdag se skills challenge tussen die rotse. Het maar gaan ietsie te drinke soek vir die stress.Well done aan die ouens wat almal deel geneem het.

Die girls, Rynet,PinkGoat,Mandi  was absoluut awesome met hul deelname en ek bewonder hul vir hul braafgeit!! Hoop daar is meer girls volgende jaar om dit saam met ons te geniet.

Veilige ritte tot ons weer ontmoet. Moet nie ons vergeet as jul  in Robertson is nie xx