Cederberg Circle 2 March

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eendstop

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
9 dawgs said they'll be there, 4 attended. 1 apologized for forgetting the date. But we had a day to remember! The most loose stuff I ever encountered on this route, and although the initial idea was to have a leisurely ride which would be newb friendly, it turned out that the route was all but newb friendly on this occasion. Long stretches of loose stones -Actually marbles on the road- and lots of sand. So it was a good thing that those who attended were all experienced riders, and there were no spills. Almost yes. First myself not watching the track and riding into the very thick wall of sand on the edge of the tack, and shortly thereafter  Espresso right in front of me catching the thick sandy "middelmannetjie" and almost making an unintended u-turn. Two clear tracks heading in different directions - I saw it, and could hardly believe the recovery he made.

A great ride - as 120B put it...."it was really a magic ride, most fun i think I've had on my motorbike to date!!!!!!"

Thanks guys for a great ride and great company!! :thumleft:

On the pic from left to right Dellboy; 120B; Espresso and yours truly taking a break in Wuppertal with 120B's toy in the foreground. Oh - the one with her back to the camera did not join in ;). Btw -Gutsy girl did not take part - still battling with her right forearm which she hurt  after the fall outside Wupertal in December.

Attachments

• IMG_2809_tn.jpg
    IMG_2809_tn.jpg
    237.8 KB
Sounds like you guys had a great ride.  Could you give more info about which stretches of road were particularly bad?  The Algeria to Kromrivier leg is often very loose and can be worse than tweespoor.

Hey, i DID cancel! The joys of working for oneself ...  :'(

Yes Jacko, YOU DID CANCELL, but 5 others did not!!!! :'( They just did not pitch. Only Giraffe said he had a brain lapse and forgot. The others are still quiet, and their names will be entered into the "Black Book" ;)

Crossed-Up, the stretch from especially Sandriver - where the grape farm is, past the Stadsaal Grotte was the loosest I've ever seen, and the Eselsbank road had lots more sand than on any one of my previous trips through there.

i sadly had to phone and cancel as due to poor workmanship at a service, i had no electrics on my bike.

i can see i missed a great ride and ended up at work for the day instead  :mad:

Your indelible memories don't help us :imaposer: Hanging onto the bars & cables were you? ;D

Hanging onto the bars & cables were you?

I'll admit to that :D

Note to self: Take the camera along- don't leave it in the backup vehicle - they don't keep up with the bikes - and you end up without pics :-[