Cederberg (Pakhuis Pass) West Coast - 23-25 July 2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oom Foe-rie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Oom Foe-rie - Honda Varadero
Boere           - Honda Varadero
Nelson         - Honda Varadero
Billy              - Yamaha XT 660

It was a rainy Friday afternoon when I left Worcester to meet Nelson at the Wolseley turn off on the Ceres/Tulbagh road. We were in a hurry because Boere and Billy already left from their place to the N7 to meet us at Kardoesie on top of Piekenierskloof Pass.
2010JULIE002.jpg

Boere organised with the butcher at Clanwilliam Spar to pre-pack a “braai-pak” for him and Billy for the evening’s braai.
Our bike-watch in Clanwilliam.
2010JULIE004.jpg

We left Clanwilliam to put up camp on the farm “De Pakhuys” on the other side of the Pakhuis pass. It was nearly dark when we arrived and finished putting up the tents.
Then it was braai time.
2010JULIE006.jpg

2010JULIE008.jpg

2010JULIE009.jpg

Around 4 o’clock I heard something outside the tent and it was Billy and Boere who started the fire again because it was freezing cold and they were making coffee to warm themselves a bit. Me and Nelson decided it was too cold outside “ en toe trek ons daar weg en snork al die bobbejane in die Sederberge wakker”.
When we woke up again it was misty and we decided to pack up and go. Whoi, whoi, whoi ……………. My Vara’s battery is flat. Luckily I have a set of jumpers and after some help from a fellow camper’s car battery, we were on our way.
2010JULIE010.jpg

2010JULIE011.jpg

The road from Clanwilliam to the Englishman’s Grave is now a tar road …………
2010JULIE012.jpg

2010JULIE013.jpg

The little pass just past the Wuppertal turn off …….
2010JULIE016.jpg

2010JULIE017.jpg

Bridge over the Doringrivier ……………
2010JULIE018.jpg

2010JULIE019.jpg

2010JULIE020.jpg

2010JULIE022.jpg

Botterkloof Pass
2010JULIE023.jpg

2010JULIE025.jpg

Turn off to Nieuwoudtville
2010JULIE026.jpg

This is not a Marsman from outerspace, it’s only Nelson ……………
2010JULIE028.jpg

The long road ahead ………….
2010JULIE030.jpg

A new Bed and Breakfast / Guesthouse / Restaurant in Nieuwoudtville ……… the opening party was that Saturday night.
2010JULIE041.jpg

2010JULIE042.jpg

2010JULIE035.jpg

We were not invited because someone “bevuil” his pants on the gravel roads and did some washing in his topbox…………………
2010JULIE031.jpg

2010JULIE033.jpg

2010JULIE034.jpg

2010JULIE032.jpg

However ……. We were served a hamburger and chips ……
Oom Foe-rie and Nelson
2010JULIE039.jpg

Billy and Boere
2010JULIE040.jpg

Van Rhyn’s Pass ………
2010JULIE045.jpg

2010JULIE046.jpg

Due to some complains because it was quite cold on the way to Strandfontein, we decided to get some warmer accommodation …………
2010JULIE056.jpg

Some photos in Strandfontein …………
2010JULIE050.jpg

2010JULIE051.jpg

2010JULIE055.jpg

2010JULIE060.jpg

2010JULIE062.jpg

Hy's darem maar mooi .............
2010JULIE057.jpg

Billy on braai duty …………..
2010JULIE067.jpg

2010JULIE065.jpg

Boere entertaining Nelson ..............
2010JULIE066.jpg

The next morning after another jumpstart we left from Strandfontein to Lambertsbaai ………….
2010JULIE069.jpg

2010JULIE073.jpg

2010JULIE074.jpg

2010JULIE075.jpg

Breakfast at Isabella’s in Lambertsbaai harbour …….
2010JULIE076.jpg

2010JULIE082.jpg

2010JULIE078.jpg

2010JULIE081.jpg

Boere received a phone call from work and he had to leave to sort out some personnel problems. Boere and Billy left by tar to gain some time and me and Nelson were on our own to obey all the laws on this sign from Lambertsbaai, past Elandsbaai to Velddrif.
2010JULIE084.jpg

In Velddrif we decided to see if the boats are landing snoek in St. Helenabaai.
2010JULIE085.jpg

Not even one snoek on this boat ……………….
2010JULIE086.jpg

Another boat is coming in ………….
2010JULIE087.jpg

Something is going on there ………….
2010JULIE088.jpg

The boat’s name is Snoekie ……………
2010JULIE090.jpg

And they did catch some ………… but not enough to cover their fuel expenses ....................
2010JULIE089.jpg

2010JULIE092.jpg

We then decided to go to Paternoster……………..
2010JULIE094.jpg

Some scenery in Paternoster ……………
2010JULIE095.jpg

2010JULIE098.jpg

The crayfish market on Crayfish Hill opposite the Hotel …………..
2010JULIE096.jpg

Then me and Nelson sit and relax while the two Varas took us home.

Thanks Nelson; Boere and Billy for a lekker weekend ...................... :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

mrhyde said:
Is julle oor eselbank met die vara's?

Nee.............. Clanwilliam - Pakhuispas - Nieuwoudtville  :thumleft:
............. anders was Boere se broek nog vuiler as hy daardie sandpaadjie moes gery het  :imaposer: :peepwall:

Oom Foe-rie said:
mrhyde said:

............. anders was Boere se broek nog vuiler as hy daardie sandpaadjie moes gery het  :imaposer: :peepwall:
Hoor hier julle klomp wynkoppe. Wees dankbaar die water en nie die Olof Bergh bottel het uitgeloop nie. Hoe sou ma my ooit kon glo as my klere so na brandewyn sou ryk :peepwall:

Ek roep net Aaaaannnaaaaaa en Oom Foe-rie se kark is geboek.

Dankie julle was baie lekker gewees :thumleft:

dit het na 'n baie lekker naweek gelyk, laat weet wanneer julle week Clanwilliam se kant toe wil gaan.

boere said:
Oom Foe-rie said:
mrhyde said:

Hoor hier julle klomp wynkoppe. Wees dankbaar die water en nie die Olof Bergh bottel het uitgeloop nie. Hoe sou ma my ooit kon glo as my klere so na brandewyn sou ryk :peepwall:

Ek roep net Aaaaannnaaaaaa en Oom Foe-rie se kark is geboek.

Dankie julle was baie lekker gewees :thumleft:

Ja jou ou broekkakker :laughing4:

Mooi julle klomp. Dis nou die regte manier om bejaard te raak. Saam met jou pelle of fietse, die werld toer ens.  :thumleft:

Botterberg pas seker een van die mooistes in die area.

Lekker man

Tweetie said:
Mooi julle klomp. Dis nou die regte manier om bejaard te raak. Saam met jou pelle of fietse, die werld toer ens.  :thumleft:

Hey Tweetie .............. wie raak nou bejaard  :eek:.................... pasop ons gaan jou gatvere pluk en dan gaan Sylvester die kat vir jou vang .................. >:D :pot:  :laughing4:

Lekker julle!! Mooi wêreld daai. :thumleft:
Wens ek kan soos Nismark se Pa nog ry op sy ouderdom.

chrisL said:
Lekker julle!! Mooi wêreld daai. :thumleft:
Wens ek kan soos Nismark se Pa nog ry op sy ouderdom.

Ek wou se daai Vara lyk bekend....

Lekker...

Ek dink nie Oom Nelson is so oud nie dis net Nismark wat hom so grys gemaak het...  :eek:

Skree tog maar net as julle weer hier rondom ons sluip assegrootseblief :thumleft:

Brilliant RR. Looked like an awesome trip. Wouldnt mind giving the big Varadero a go on the dirt  :mwink:

mrhyde said:
man I feel like riding...
Well the vleisfees is only days away. And so also your excuse for a trip again? What ya say man :3some:

Me and old Jumpstart is planning something next Friday to arrive in Calvinia the Saturday and to return the Sunday. O0

boere said:
mrhyde said:
Well the vleisfees is only days away. And so also your excuse for a trip again? What ya say man :3some:

Me and old Jumpstart is planning something next Friday to arrive in Calvinia the Saturday and to return the Sunday. O0

Met n WR450... uhm nee. Nie eers met n airhawk nie :)

mrhyde said:
boere said:
mrhyde said:

Met n WR450... uhm nee. Nie eers met n airhawk nie :)
Man or mouse ???

Ons ry op ons tyd sonder haas en kan 10 keer stop sodat jy jou stewe kan invryf en marsjeer :mwink:

Geen probleem. :3some: