Cederberg - the vespa way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D :D

You organise that one. I will go and have a jol with the granny. i think she rocks. :D

O how I love pure adventure spirit. It proves lots of old forum members opinion "It's not the bike that determines the adventure, it's the rider."

Thank you. Very nice.

?Look ma, no friends? my sentiment many times. Good one.

cono said:
So..there you go... mountainboy...you're a Hero to a dear old lady, bringing back memories of the past....i'm sure Mamma will ride with you any day...or should I say ...she will let you ride with her.

.[/b]

hey Cono

Much love and respect to ur mother-in-law.Glad to see vespa are still well loved.They simply creep up behind and before you kw it -you hooked :lol:

Ciao Mountainboy! As I said someone linked you to a forum on Vespaonline, an Italian Vespa site. Just thought I'd say hello and "complimenti" for the pics and the challenging ride. Some snotty eyetie vespists doubt that the VNB taillight looks good on your PX, but again, they're snotty.
Tot siens. Enzo (in Joburg from '54 to '68)

Cool report on the Cederberg trip.

I will respect any Vespa from now on.

Hope to see you soon on the 650.

zuluvespa said:
Ciao Mountainboy! As I said someone linked you to a forum on Vespaonline, an Italian Vespa site. Just thought I'd say hello and "complimenti" for the pics and the challenging ride. Some snotty eyetie vespists doubt that the VNB taillight looks good on your PX, but again, they're snotty.

Ciao, Enzo
Welcome to WildDogs...I have just visited your site...
https://www.ilvespino.it/ the Home Page has great sound of Vespa arriving. Now we know what Mountainboy, sounded like when he arrived at the pubs.
Check out zuluvespa's great video Italian Vespa Racers from the 1950's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoH0Nj0oxu0

zuluvespa said:

hey Zulu

ya,I'm a bit of a purist myself but only for my old classics like my '64 VNB,58 VB1 or 69 sprint V. As for the PX =that's my fun toy and I'll always have diff things on there,trying out various options. Its such a awesome machine.

tell those boys we must not forget what a Vespa is really capable of :wink:

Oyez, indeed. Px's are fun to drive: my son sometimes lets me drive his ;-). I usually ride a modded '68 Super 150 which doesn't handle half so well. But it's cool, innit? I used it for a tongue-in-cheek Italian language video lesson on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsH4YEm5JZA.
Ciao for now. Enzo.

Staying with the topic on respect for Vespa adventure riders...
Check out this dude at this years Erzberg Rodeo  -  :eek: Respect!
GEPA-0806075528.jpg

oh - I can only aspire

that looks absolutely awesome.

I WANT VESPA KNOBBIES  :headbang:

shark_za said:
The Vespa is a 10 inch rim?

The PW50 uses 10 inch.

So what you saying is that I can turn my Vespa into a shark with a frikkin lazer beam attached to its head??

Now that's cool

Vespa's tyre is a 10" , 350. Would the PW tyre fit.

I'm getting excited all over again

I loved that report.  I love the attitude that lies behind the adventure.

The Vespa motorised the Italians after they had lost their part of WWII.

I was recently in Thailand where we hired Honda 125cc step-through-frame scooters.  There were plenty of bikes to choose from but I was only interested in the Honda because they did in the East with their Cub what Piaggio did in Italy with the original Vespa.  Two legendary machines.  If you want a proper (small wheel) scooter it has to be a Vespa.

Vespa is Italian for wasp.  My understanding is that after the war Piaggio (who had been aircraft manufacturers) cobbled together the protype out of aircraft tail wheels and a aircraft starter motor.  The frame, as Eisbnein points out, was a monocoque which is pure aircraft technology.  That frame was incredibly robust and stiff while being light.