Cederberg weekend mission

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebelwithacause

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Awe,

Im planning to do a quick weekend trip from Stellenbosch to the Heuningvlei Backpackers in the Cederberg. Plan is to get to Heuningvlei Backpackers via Ceres - Op Die Berg - dirt roads - Wupperthal - Heuningvlei Backpackers, sleep over and back the next day. Back I would like to go via the road from Heuningvlei Backpackers to the top of the Pakhuys pass then Clanwilliam - out on the eastern side of the dam and back into the Cederberg via grootkloof and back to Op Die Berg - Ceres - Stellenbosch.

I do however know that the piece of road (marked in red and yellow) from Heuningvlei Backpackers to the top of the pakhuis pas is within the nature reserve and the gate at the top of the pass is normally locked. Does anyone know if it is possible to organize a permit or key to the gate? I have the alternative to go back the way I came and go east around to Bushmanskloof and back to Clanwilliam via the the this way. So if not possible its okay, but if it could be possible I think it will be a great piece of road to ride. Have looked at the road while climbing in Rocklands and always wondered who is allowed to use it. I have seen some klaptout bakkies use the road, and they must have come from Heuningvlei side.

So any info would be much appreciated

Attachments

• plan.JPG
    plan.JPG
    253.1 KB
  • Heuningvlei tot pakhuyspas.JPG
    Heuningvlei tot pakhuyspas.JPG
    347.3 KB