PRINS ALFRED PASS ( R339)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
DECEMBER TRIP , I am thinking of taking a ride along this pass , being not keen on dirt roads as a rule , taking it easy to enjoy the scenery I am sure things will be fine . My question is ; looking at Google earth the r339 starts just outside Knysna , but it looks like it passes through a township ( is the road safe to travel?) and then does one ride all the way to the R62 or take a left turn at DE VLUGT and head back to the N9 , best option? Looking at the map going to the R62 looks like one gets to ride the pass . Left to N9 looks like a nice road via the valley .
I will be 2 up . good idea or not? OR .... do I ride to ANGIES , have lunch and come back same way?

Ps plans also in the making to ride Swartberg pass , going via De Rust - Meiringspoort and back over the pass to Oudshoorn - Roberts pass -* Mossel bay . And another trip planned is , Mosselbay -N2 to Riversdal then the R323 over the mountain to R62 - down to Barrydale -Tradouws pass -N 23 back to Mossel bay and finally if time allows , and we go visit Saldana , the plan is to go via Worcester up the R43 and then take the Bains kloof pass rd to Wellington and then on to Malmesbury -Hopefield -Saldana , back via Capetown and N2