Cheap Chinese GPS in USA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tok-tokkie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha TW200
I came across this posting on a US bike site:

--------------------------------------
OK laugh if you will, but I saved 935 bucks and I am navigating.

This GPS is on Ebay and they go from between 65 and 80 bucks. It comes from china. As far as I can tell it is either someone else's GPS remade into a plain wrapper, or some Chinese fela has figured out how to make em cheep.

It came with maps of North America on a 2 gig SD card. It plays mp3, mp4, flash, jpeg, has 8 games, a unit converter,a calculator, a blue tooth cellphone command head and it is touch screen. Has day and night colour options.

It is just a little hard to navigate the menus, but it seems to have all the features of the more expensive jobs. It is adjustable for 2D or 3D viewing and has time to destination, arrival time, speed, average speed, time stopped, average driving speed and tels you when you go over the speed limit. (this can be disabled). You can choose among 16 languages and there are 5 choices for english (sadly, no UK female in english).

It powers up quickly, aquires quickly, and is accurate.

Perfect for tossing round if you have a valuable cray super-computer on your dashboard for adventures. For what I need it for, it is more than enough. I actualy really like it.

------------------------------------------------
In the posts that follow it seems it is really quite a decent thing - but water is fatal.

https://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=57056&pid=675491&st=0&#entry675491