Cheese & Dust tasting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Python

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
Falcon decided to keep her bike ;D how cool is that.
So this morning we decided to gyppo Church and ride out to Perde Berg to buy a bottle of wine.
Read on to see that your sins do find you out  >:D

It's been a while since she was on the dirt on a bike so it quick trip into the Durbanville surrounds.
We headed for the Slent pad
SlentPad2.jpg

Check out Don Quixote
DonQuixotte.jpg

We headed straight down the Slent pad and popped out at the tar near Perde Berg.
We hung a right and were dismayed to find it closed, damn :-\

So not to be put down we headed for the Red Star farm stall for a coffee and contemplation.
Redstar1.jpg

It's got a stunning atmosphere and great coffee that seemed to come with a loan pet.
Actually I think falcon naturally put's out this sucker vibe that attracts them.
Check this pic out and the quote on the wall in the back. The wine one brought back the inspiration to find some red stuff.
Living.jpg

This one was cool too
redstar2.jpg

We met some other bikers on a big shiny Boulevard they said that Fairview was open. Having started out to get wine, this sounded like a plan.
bikers.jpg

The coffee went down well and we belted down the tar to Goat land
goat.jpg

There appeared to be a biker here too  :mwink:
FarmBike.jpg

The wine turned out to be a bit steep with the cheapest bottle weighing in at R65 so we got some goatless cheese instead
From there we went to the Life style center in Joostenberg flakte via a tar road that was rougher than any of the dirt we had ridden thus far, had to stand to stop my teeth rattling.

At the nursery we managed to get food for the pet snakes and an affordable bottle of red.
From there it was home through the bush into the back of Kraaifonten. Where the sins caught up with Falcon.

We picked a road that looked like it headed in the right direction and was dirt too, it came to a railway line.
Found a spot to cross then gapped it into the subburb over a very soft sandy patch.
Like the good hubby I stop to make sure falcon made it through the patch ok.

As I look back I see her blast over the curb and right over the road. I flip my head round just in time to see her launching over the bars in a flail of arms and legs.
I get that speed cop feeling and go dashing across the Island to check on her.
She bounds up before i get there saying "I'm fine, I'm fine just help my bike"
The bike is hooked round a little post and some bloudraad. Pulled it out before i took a pic.

So she tells me that as she come into the soft stuff she spooked and applied the wild dog principle of:
"When in doubt, Gas It! It may not solve the problem, but it WILL end the suspense!"
It worked for problem 1
She was still OK till she saw the big hole then gassed it some more to solve that problem too
It worked again
But the success was short lived due to the bike encountering the wire around the other side of the island where the bike stopped abruptly and she became a farming impliment.
So here are the pics:
Follow the bike track back to the sand to see where the fun started and the gas was applied and the swath was cut from there past the man hole.
This is the start. The bike track you see was burnt by pure unadulterated acceleration  >:D
Site1.jpg

This is the middle of the trip. Again the rubber marks on the road are acceleration marks.
The sand in the road is from the roost as she re-encountered the sand. 
Site3.jpg

This is the Finish. The hole being the landing site and the sand in the road sprayed off either the bike or falcon.
Site4.jpg

Luckily the sand was still soft so damage to the bike amounted to the mirrors having to be straightened and a few scratches on falcon in places I wasn't allowed to take pics of...
Site5.jpg

Some final checks by quality control and we were back in the saddle again
Site6.jpg

Falcon is pretty chuffed to have notched up her 1st off.

Hope y'all enjoyed it
Regards
The Falconer 

Great stuff!  Falling is all just part of it.  Great that Falcon's keeping the DR - big up to her, and now she truly owns her bike.  It's too nice to sell.  Rather sell a child, or a kidney or something ....

Crossed-up said:
Great stuff!  Falling is all just part of it.  Great that Falcon's keeping the DR - big up to her, and now she truly owns her bike.  It's too nice to sell.  Rather sell a child, or a kidney or something ....
mmmmm.... the kidney will hurt but anyone wanna by a kid?  >:D comes with a cell phone and mxit!! can go all night on the phone without sleep.. will most probably be crabby the next day... but don't worry that will be your fault. This will lead to a decision to go out on your bike and find something to write a ride report about..

Thanks to Mr. P for a great day.
So glad I'm keeping my girl... talk about power!!!
Wow I'm still impressed.
Very grateful to get off so lightly, and with no damage to miki  :biggrin:
Felt like a teenager... Sheer bliss

Hey Mr.Python and Falcon !
Good to see you found your bikes again under all that dust in the garage.
Good on you Falcon for not hitting the open manhole  and not hurting yourself either.
You see , you can over the handle bars on a bike , but go over the horses ears , and you dont fare as well ! lol.

That was one of the 1st things i said to him was that it is so much further to fall from the horse!
Especially if the horse runs over you afterwards.... but even that was worth it 'cause i love that horse.
Mr. P suggested to go with you guys but we only had a bit of time so we made up our own ride.
But maybe next time.

Anytime , but remind me not to follow you !
I havent hit a man hole yet and dont intend doing any fancy stunt riding with horses either !
But do join us again on some rides?

No , we are all done with the falling !
Lets just do some safe country riding , where there are no open man holes or railway lines , and we will be fine !

Latest posts