Christian Breakfast Run, Sunday 27 January 2008

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doringboom

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom
Hello everybody,

Sunday 27 January saw BirdDog, Beemer man, Doggone, Lourens.dL and myself participating in the â??Christian Breakfast Runâ?, an initiative of BirdDog and which he advertised under the Planning a Ride Section right here on this very sociable Forum of us. BirdDog, I believe, will still present the â??officialâ? ride report, but before we are into a new weekend with a lot of new rides, I thought it appropriate to place my own short report of the ride as a curtain-raiser and also to prevent some nice memories dropping into oblivion. Our route was from Randburg to Parys, from where we took a scenic dirt road route, roughly following the flow of the Vaal River through the Vredefort Dome area and further westwards. (It is the same route that was ridden by Luislang and Splash the day before â?? see their reports here.) Enjoy :thumleft:

On our way to Parys, somewhere between Randfontein and Westonaria. Lourens.dL and his machine. Those zorst pipes are VERY LOUD :director:

Vaal1.jpg

Arriving in Parys. Beemer man on the â??Bling Machineâ? :glasses9:

Vaal2.jpg

Hereâ??s a nice view of the Vaal River from the spot where we made our first stop on the dirt road outside of Parys. Sorry for the obstruction in the foreground :tongue: (About the obstruction: Yes, its the same one that appears among the Forum banner pictures.)

Vaal3.jpg

We spent some time to deflate the bikesâ?? tyres for a more comfortable ride on the dirt. BirdDog overdid it somewhat and had to pump again :eek:ccasion18:

Vaal4.jpg

A quick chat before kicking up dust again. Fltr: Lourens.dL, Doggone and BirdDog.

Vaal5.jpg

At the far end of our dirt loop out of Parys, we stopped at a low-level bridge crossing the Vaal River. Fltr: Lourens.dL, BirdDog, Doggone and Beemer man.

Vaal6.jpg

Back in Parys. Our bikes, parked in the main street while we were having some refreshments before heading home again.

Vaal7.jpg

Thanks to my riding friends for a day well spent. It was good to have met you all and to share in our common interest. Regards.

Doringboom :wave:

Nice! There's some lekker dirt roads around that area.

Great report Doringboom!  You've got some very nice photos here.

Nice! :thumleft:

Mmmmm.... vetkoek. Now there is something I have not had in yeeeaaaars.

Thanks for the great report - great route that will hopefully lead to more exploring.
Splash

Latest posts