Clutch slipping or Rev Limiter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR600
Good Day Guys

I noticed something weird on my X-Challenge today and was hoping someone could help!

I was riding quite fast up until about 5000revs(i'm guessing) and then i opened up full taps and noticed the revs keep climbing but the power delivery stops dead, i stay at the same speed and cant feel anymore pull from the motor and the engine sounds like it should be kicking out a s*#itload of power.

Slipping clutch is the first thing that came to my mind because i tried it 2 or 3 times on the straights and if i keep the throttle there the power catches up slowly and i start picking up speed.

The clutch cable is as slack as it can go at the handle bar end and by feeling it there seems to be no free play on that lever at all, there constant tension on it the lever feels stiff!

I was thinking of maybe adjusting that pull mechanism on the engine(don't know what it's called) that the clutch cable is attached to, about 2 or 3 teeth counter clockwise...

Would this help?

Latest posts