Ducati Multistrada V4 clutch creeping! Thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pandaattack1

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Hi guys,

I am having some troubles with the clutch on my Multistrada V4 base model. (~8000km).

Near the end of last year my clutch started slipping in 2nd and 3rd when putting power down. The bike was at Ducati and they opened up the clutch and confirmed the plates etc are all still within spec, and attributed the issue to something on the lever. They said some pin and gone skew, and there was no free play in my clutch lever resulting in the clutch dragging and thus getting warm. The warm clutch would then cause the slipping. After I got the bike back the clutch was fine for a few weeks.

I don't experience the clutch slipping anymore at all, but the clutch is dragging when engaged after the bike is warm. After a few minutes of riding, the clutch starts dragging from time to time at a stop. It doesn't happen every time, which is strange. I have to hold my front brake otherwise the bike will walk forward, as if the clutch is not pulled in all the way. Any ideas? Do you think flushing the system will solve these issues? (See pictures below).

Also, for the Ducati okes, my clutch hardly touches the switch at the bottom when depressed. Is this normal? If I pull the clutch against the handlebar so that switch engages, the motor makes a distinctly different noise.

H3sxIfT.jpg

While I was taking photos. Please see the inside of my clutch reservoir. Does the oil look spent to you?

IkWHKoI.jpg

I also ran my finger inside the rubber seal, and it picked up quite a bit of dirt? This is concerning. Did dirt get in somehow? Wondering if there's dirt in the system causing the kakkas.

wYwXYoJ.jpg