Coming out - back on after 20 years

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walkabout

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
I have been lurking on this forum for months now but can at last come out, took the plunge and bought a 2006 KLR with 6 500km on the clock.  Hopefully, this will give me the chance to do all the back roads touring that this forum had me craving for.

I got the bike 2 days ago and had to ride it back to my house, approx 3km.  It was raining and the visor of the helmet fogged up in no time.  It was nerve wrecking and left me wondering if I have not made a big mistake, also the weight and the height of the bike is something I am not used to.  However, I could not wait to get out of the office yesterday afternoon to take it out again.  I just rode around the suburbs to get the feel of the bike and it was brilliant, I think that first ride was just nerves getting back on a bike after 20 years of cage driving.

I am not very mechanically inclined and will be asking a lot of (stupid) questions on this forum to help me keep this baby on the road and to add some extras (crashbars, etc.).  Hopefully you will be as patient with me as with the others on this forum.

Attachments

• KLR.jpg
    KLR.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 105