CPT Toy Run - ***Post pics here***

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firecoast

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
yes, very premature, but i had to bail early due to a work function later!

was nice seeing all the bikes out in their hundreds! awesome meeting some new dogs.

will definitely not double book next year!!!

Attachments

• my little pony.JPG
    my little pony.JPG
    96.7 KB
'n "speelgoed" Harley

Attachments

• Toy Run 2010 003.JPG
    Toy Run 2010 003.JPG
    279.5 KB
'n Duur nuwe soort masjien wat die Unie Stad Kaapstad gebruik om die paaie mee skoon te blaas. :imaposer:

Attachments

• Toy Run 2010 004.JPG
    Toy Run 2010 004.JPG
    281.3 KB
Christo en Lorraine by hulle netjiese cruiser

Attachments

• Toy Run 2010 011.JPG
    Toy Run 2010 011.JPG
    282.6 KB
Wat 'n verrassing toe ek 'n meer ouderwetse enjin as my Klr sin by die Toy Run raak geloop het :ricky:

Attachments

• Toy Run 2010 026.JPG
    Toy Run 2010 026.JPG
    290.4 KB
Was a nice run ,meeting lots of new people,rode with dunce and his daughter,sad news that Bus bike got stolen at the venue,shit really shit,hope we can track the bike down ,hope the fu#@er who stole it rotes in hell.

'n Paar Ou Honde by mekaar. Jammer om te hoor van die diefstal. ???

Attachments

• Toy Run 2010 013.JPG
    Toy Run 2010 013.JPG
    255.1 KB
bradleys said:
Was a nice run ,meeting lots of new people,rode with dunce and his daughter,sad news that Bus bike got stolen at the venue,shit really shit,hope we can track the bike down ,hope the fu#@er who stole it rotes in hell.

Ag Bus, dis regtig bad van jou bike.  Hoekom doen mense sulke dinge?
En dit nog so voor die vakansie! Sterkte jong!

bradleys said:

JEESH YOU ARE3 NOT SERIOUS :eek: :mad:

THATS JUST SUCKS!!!

I HOPE THEY GET TO FIND IT.... :(

It was a very full Maynardville , Proberby the most bikes I`ve seen there in a long time.
Even Leftless put his bike back together to Attend.

DSCF0486.jpg

DSCF0485.jpg

Saw this old Yamaha 750 Tenere , if I`m not mistaken ?

DSCF0489.jpg

DSCF0490.jpg

DSCF0491.jpg

DSCF0492.jpg

Some of the Toys
DSCF0493.jpg

So this is why Pistonpete couldnt be at the Toy Run , his new bike !

DSCF0495.jpg

DSCF0496.jpg

And then we find out Bus`s DRZ is missing.Leftless and I road around a few blocks or so , but no luck.
Gee Bus , we felt so bad fot your part !

Due to wehk commitments I had to give this one a pass.  :(

Allow me a single thought on the Toy Run:

It is a great idea and lekker to have some fun in the process. But pause for a while and think about what the day is really about.

It's about less fortunate kids. So while the breakfast, ride and beers are okay, those are side shows.

Which brings me to the issue of toys. Every year I see 99% of the participants riding around with some furry toy proudly displayed on a bike as if to say: "Look at this furry toy I've bought for whatsisnamewhoneedswhatevermafingy. Look at my good deed."

Is this really the best we can do?

Think about it - what kid over 5 would benefit from a furry toy animal?

If you want to make a more worthwhile contribution - for roughly the same amount, maybe slightly more - then consider some educational toys. I have bought a basic chemistry set and a 'Magician starter set' thingy, amongst other things. Did it cost slightly more? Yes. Was it more worthwhile? Undoubtedly. Maybe it sparked a young kid to one day consider engineering. Or cunning theft.  :biggrin:

Either way, it's a hell of a lot more worthwhile than chucking your furry toy into the truck and giving yourself a pat on the back before having a bucketful of beer.

Next year I'll hopefully join you guys again. And lets put some thought into those toys. Maybe we can start a thread on suggestions for worthwhile toys.

Remember, these are needy kids. They deserve some focus from our side.  :thumleft:

I totally agree, Jacko
We did the Robertson Herberg Think Bike ride where toiletries are taken each year. So true, but a teddy for a kid that has nothing, that teddy means everything
Sad that there are so many needy children and people for that matter
The spirit that this is done with counts a lot
Was a good day for us  :thumleft:

I always buy a soccer ball or two. A whole village can have fun with a soccer ball and stay out of trouble and burn off some pent-up frustrations.

IRISH said:
I always buy a soccer ball or two. A whole village can have fun with a soccer ball and stay out of trouble and burn off some pent-up frustrations.

+1000  :thumleft:

Jacko said:
IRISH said:

+1000  :thumleft:

We do the same thing.

A frisbee, pack of UNO cards, board games, soccer ball, bats and balls, ckricket set etc gives joy to not only the child receiving it, but to a couple of his friends as well.

Jacko said:
. . . .

Which brings me to the issue of toys. Every year I see 99% of the participants riding around with some furry toy proudly displayed on a bike as if to say: "Look at this furry toy I've bought for whatsisnamewhoneedswhatevermafingy. Look at my good deed."
. . . . .

I agree.

My contribution was a couple of soccer balls. Strapped them on the back of the bike and made the Tenere look seriously masculine - made a little girl with pigtails comment, "That's a boy bike dad!"

last year I bought a small rucksack and stuffed it with crayons, notebooks, artist's brushes and water-colours.

Maybe I lit the spark in a few artists - nice thought.