CRF250 RALLY sprocket changes ? who has done this ? any advice please !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Gents.
I have recently obtained a crf250 rally. what a great bike!!
I have done the Philadelphia enduro with it a few weeks ago and was super impressed with its capabilities.
however... it feels that the stock sprocket ratio's doesn't add up. 2nd gear a bit slow....3rd gear too fast (that's if you want to be in the above 7k rpm power) .
yesterday went for a awesome but very mixed terrain ride from kappa all the way to veldrift and back. I noticed thru out the day that once we are on the high speed sections ( tarmac highway or open dirt roads) that the 6th gear is almost useless. especially driving back to town into the oncoming high wind, the bike literally doesn't have the power to keep it in 6th gear. constantly losing speed.
I think sprocket ratio's will fix some of these characteristics for me, but would like some input from thos who has done it.
my instinct tells me to go bigger in the back first ( smaller incrementsof adjustment) as opposed to dropping a teeth in front , which I see some suggest online.