Cruising in Atlantis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustBendIt

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
My shop is closed this week and I was getting a bit bored ...
So I nicked my brother-in-law’s Land  Cruiser from his garage while he is away on holiday,  put petrol in the tank, picked up my mate Blikkies and headed for Atlantis
We played nicely for a few hours in the dunes and then I took us on the Amageza North qualifying loop – it brought back some painful memories but this time I flew over the route dressed in shorts and plakkies with the aircon on and a cold coke in my hand
We only saw 2 other vehicles there – a Ford Ranger and an old Willys Jeep – not a single bike – mind you it was bliksems hot
This Land Cruiser did 173 km on R500 petrol (48 litres) before the fuel light came on again turning into my road – eish but she is thirsty ! – I am glad I ride a bike

The contrast between the sand and the  blue sky is awesome.

South Africans in England will love these photos of our beautiful skies.

Not broken - just sleeping in my garage

I am the first one to scoff at big gas guzzling 4X4's - I think they are relics from a bygone era

BUT

what a comfortable relic and a completely different (and completely non-physically taxing) experience in Atlantis

weskusklong said:
South Africans in England will love these photos of our beautiful skies

Fark...... Don't joke
I was quietly drizzling to myself

Told you you'd have fun.

That thing is a tank and loves that stuff.

Pity it really gulps the sauce.

2StrokeDan said:
Hey Justin, you know what happened the last time you took a vehicle from your brother-in-law!! :eek7: :imaposer:

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

2StrokeDan said:
Hey Justin, you know what happened the last time you took a vehicle from your brother-in-law!! :eek7: :imaposer:

Don't joke - I nearly rolled it, buried it, got stuck in the sand up to the diff and almost ran out juice - all in the space of a few hours

Shhhh ! - nobody must tell him - It will be our little secret

If those things did not gulp fuel at the rate of 4.5km/l printed on it's side I would have one
for sure. :deal:

Went there myself a while ago with the Kia - what fun.

Got stuck as well once - parked the car on the edge of the dune with all the wheels in the air.
;D ;D ;D

Hope you don't mind me posting my own photos...
;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• _D210059.jpg
    _D210059.jpg
    87.8 KB
  • _D210099.jpg
    _D210099.jpg
    66.9 KB
  • D210035.jpg
    D210035.jpg
    53.9 KB
  • D210049.jpg
    D210049.jpg
    55.7 KB
  • EV002.jpg
    EV002.jpg
    33.1 KB
  • EV003.jpg
    EV003.jpg
    90.6 KB
  • EV013.jpg
    EV013.jpg
    61.8 KB
awesome pics Eisbein

You and your Kia must have been there as the official and Rover Recovery Team for the day  :pot: :ricky: