Atlantis fun ratio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ek haal my hoed af vir julle manne met die groot bikes in die duine.  Ek sal hulle maar aan pak met 'n plastic.  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Really nice!

Wish more people would bring their big bikes and come play. Your video shows how easy it is, along with the low consequence falling factor.

Target fixation.....

I was a bit behind the guys when I crested a dune a bit to close to Martin and stalled a meter from the top. I thought I could get it out but just dug in deeper so had to lay the bike down spin it around and pick it back up. Thank @#$% I was on a XR but it still pretty much sucked the last bit of energy I had.

Went down the dune and made it up no problems but was now properly tired and as I reached the guys at the entrance to the Dunes I saw the hole. I kept saying don't look at it, don't look at it, for @#$% sakes don't look at the big frieken hole but like a moth to a flame I was powerless and rode into the frieken thing.

But it was MOERSE fun! Thanks again to all involved especially Andrew. Although I still have long to go I am slowly but surely losing this sand fear most of us suffer from.

I will go again in a heartbeat.

One thing I did learn from Saturday is you don't need a Honda or Red Bull to have wings, KTM 950 S's fly pretty well too!  ;D

Camelman said:
Get a extra fan for the Katoom. It works wonders!

I have installed a 2nd fan and had no overheating issues in the sand - it worked brilliantly!

Some of my shitty BB's pic's.... Excuse the quality.

For my fans.

020.jpg

See, a pic of the bike NOT standing in front of my garage.  ;)

033.jpg

026.jpg

021.jpg

Andrew getting Martin's bike unstuck.

027.jpg

022.jpg

028.jpg

025.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

Very pretty place!

019.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

respect  :thumleft:  Give RedRum a call if you need someone to pick up a big ktm!

ChristoffGS said:
respect  :thumleft:  Give RedRum a call if you need someone to pick up a big ktm!

Thanks, but please don't!  :imaposer:

Very nice video, photos & all round.....Gr8 RR :thumleft: :thumleft:

Thanks for sharing. ;)

Daai was 'n pragtige crash!  I am sure the angle was much worse than it looked?  or did the front just dig into the powder?

darthvader said:
Daai was 'n pragtige crash!  I am sure the angle was much worse than it looked?  or did the front just dig into the powder?

Inexperience + too much speed down = bottom out and lost control....

so leer ons :)

Ek dink ek gaan more na werk bietjie Atlantis toe!  Sommer die SE bietjie oefening gee.

superten said:
Nice vid!Looks like that front tyre washes out a bit.What tyres are you running with Red Rum?

After the vid I was wondering the same thing, those KTM's are so big in the sand  :eek:

Fuzzy Muzzy said:
superten said:
Nice vid!Looks like that front tyre washes out a bit.What tyres are you running with Red Rum?

After the vid I was wondering the same thing, those KTM's are so big in the sand  :eek:

tkc on front, e09 back, watching the raw footage I believe I left the abs on sometimes after a restart...that and the mirrors that I left on... ai what a noob I am :)

Learnt a lot from Kamanya on the sand, hoping not to repeat my silly mistakes next time :)

You did a lot better than myself on my 1st visit, I spent most of my time pushing the bike  :imaposer: Hope to see you on the dunes soon :imaposer:  :thumleft:

Did somebody mention hip?  :patch:

I was tempted to go just to take some pics....................

But the long & short of it is that I hurt my hip there 3 years ago  :-[
Very stupid fall, not so much lack of skill as equipment failure, my bike stalled whilst airborn.

Going for operation next week, best result would be if I can join you guys during winter  ;)

darthvader said:

Btw, waar was jy?!!! Gedog jy gaan my leer wheely....

And RedRum's crash, while spectacular was eclipsed by Martin's.

After seeing the vid's I think I want a GoPro!

I also missed a spectacular shot of Kamanya cresting a dune and catching some air.  :(

Grrrr.... said:
Btw, waar was jy?!!! Gedog jy gaan my leer wheely....

Sorry man, ek het geweet ek gaan hin hangover he, so ek het gepass.  My XR se olie lyk in anyway soos ou moerkoffie - ek het nie hin fancy JAGG oil cooler nie.  Ek het hin paar lekker tips by Heddles gevang, nou doen ek agterwielmannewales met nog meer confidence  >:D

Ek dink ek gaan vandag die SE bietjie oefen in die duine na werk, nog baie lig na 17:00.