Cruizaman also here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruizaman

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hi all,

My name is Dana and I have been riding again since April this year, having last been on a bike in my 20's (about 25 years ago). I have been a lurker on this forum for a while now, and recently decided to join. It is now time to break the silence.

My present bike is a road bike (BMW K1300GT) and my wife and I went on a trip to the West Coast in September to watch the flowers. The trip was with JB Train Tours, but we actually rode all the way to Langebaan from Johannesburg as the train was cancelled. During that trip I realised that I needed to get a DS bike, as the guys on their DS bikes could just travel so many more roads than we could on the road bikes. Since then I have been looking and that was also why I decided to start watching this forum.

So although I do not have a GS at the moment, I feel that the time is getting ripe for me to get one. I am yet to decide between the current GSA, GS, or the new LC GS (or even whether I should wait for the LC GSA). I am looking forward to chewing the fat with the other dawgs and to become part of this amazing group.