Damaraland - route and attaction info please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kykdaar

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Zundapp (all models)
Pitching this at guys like ChrisL, Mr. Big and the many other experienced Namibia travellers on this forum.

Having done Southern Namibia a few times on bike and by car I now want to take the family to Damaraland this December (hot as hell but the only time I can get leave).

Travelling in an old bakkie (97 Hilux 4x4) with a young son and a wife of nervous disposition  ;D and on our own, I can not risk doing the Camel Trophy version of such a trip. I want to give them a fun and enjoyable trip.

My wife still vividly remember our tyre misfortunes on Boshua pass last year and the resultant night-time trip through the Nauklauft Park to Swakop  :dousing:

I, therefore, want to take it easy and do the tourist thing - travel on relatively good and travelled roads and see all the places / things worth seeing given those constraints. Maybe even take the lightie into Etosha for a short stint.

Will mostly be camping as that appeals to my budget  ;D as well as to my  fondness of "drifting" - deciding on what to do / where to go depending on the prevailing circumstances.

I am planning to spend abount 10 days in the region, hoping that the space, quiet and beauty of Namibia can cure me of my big city blues.

I would appreciate any advise that you may have.

Thanks