Death of a consummate lurker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brakenjan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
Gentlemen and ladies

My name is Brakenjan and I am a lurker no more.

I currently find myself in Manhattan, New York, USA where my wife and I have worked for the past 18 months. But, Africa runs through our veins and we are looking forward to our return to sunny SA at the end of September this year (after having completed a mandatory road trip through the States, of course  ;)).

To celebrate our return to Africa, a couple of friends (including wilddogs Lootch and Maverick, who some of you may know) will be doing a bike trip through Kaokoland, Namibia during October this year. I basically have two weeks to find and purchase a bike for our trip and it is for this reason that I am shaking my lurker status as I would appreciate the assitance of the members in finding the perfect bike in the short amount of time I have available. One would think that this is the greatest position to be in, but it is giving me sleepless nights! That, however, is something for a later day.

In the mean time, thank you to Hein and everyone who has made and is still making this forum such a great place. It has helped me through many a home sick day.