Dinner with Charlie Boorman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTMjedi

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Not sure this is in the right section but it is a report of sorts  ;D.
Charlie Boorman is in SA doing a trip with 20 odd guys from the UK, from CT to Vic falls. I was contacted by Charlie and his guys to supply Mitas tyres for the trip as they where doing 7500 kms each way and they weren't confident TKC's would make the distance and from tests in Europe they found the E-10's  :thumleft:. So after a few phone calls and chats he ordered 70 odd tyres and asked if I would join him for dinner....what a question...."see you there bud  ;D".

What a down to earth and cool guy, we where joined for dinner by Ross Noble (comedian).. funny funny guy and had us all in stitches the whole evening.

CharlieBoorman051.jpg

CharlieBoorman048.jpg

CharlieBoorman047.jpg

CharlieBoorman056.jpg

CharlieBoorman060.jpg

CharlieBoorman061.jpg

Very nice!

He walked past me as I parked my bike in the Waterfront on Sat, on the way to the book signing. He sommer offered to sign our stuff there and got a cool pic of my wife and I with him. Real nice, down to earth guy.

Battlestar said:
GlenInk said:
Lekker lekker  :thumleft:

So is Charlie going to become a WD now ?

Ja get him to join  :thumleft:
  ;) I am working on it....he wants be to fly up to Vic Falls when they arrive for a party....anyone want to sponsor me a flight  ;D

Ag Im jealous , I just LOVE Charlie , what a great guy , funny and sincere and enthusiastic, would have loved to have met him and/ or Ewan Mac!

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

It is great the hear that he is such a cool guy in real life as he is in the programs.
I just loved his views and honesty on the trips he did.

KTMjedi said:
Charlie Boorman is in SA doing a trip with 20 odd guys from the UK ...

Nogal  ;D

Well done KTMjedi, obviously the wors was with you!  :thumleft:

He sounds like a pretty cool dude but he's sometimes a bit over the top emotional on LWR and LWD.  Guess it was all the kisses Ewan dished out to the men >:D

Go up to Vic falls on the KTM, give it to him to ride in the difficult sections, maybe you can swing his mind!! :)

He is probably contracted to BMW to only ride BMW!

You're one lucky guy!

:thumleft: Lekker ou daai! I also hope he joins the forum. Would like to know how those mitas performed on their trip.