DirtyXT's relocation to the big smoke. RR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first fill up. sticking to the route. not racing no truck and enjoy the ride. probably stay in bloem? any suggestions for a cold one and a bed?
tybudedu.jpg

Been to Bloem once. Loads of places to stay, but depends on how much you want to pay.
I stayed at the F1 Hotel for a night. Fairly pricey, but cheaper than everywhere else. Meals aren't included. BUT there's a Spur right next door with free wi-fi.
It's a 1-star hotel. Mattress as hard as a rock. But hey, there was a lekker shower and a place to sleep. What more do you need.

I can't remember exactly where it is... but it's not too far from New Tempe Airport, and I think it's off the main road (Nelson Mandela Drive).
Ah wait, interwebs are working. Link: https://maps.google.co.za/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=f1+hotel+bloemfontein&fb=1&gl=za&hq=f1+hotel&hnear=0x1e8fc57b9f07bf8b:0x1f16f55bb211b749,Bloemfontein&cid=0,0,6096199486945315662&ei=XhSrUbC3H4vY7AbrtYGADA&ved=0CKYBEPwSMAA

Enjoy!

nope but the cold front.

muhugeqe.jpg

windy as all hell. heading to graaf reniet now to get away from this icy clouds bikes doing well. Over loaded.

Sardine said:
Been to Bloem once. Loads of places to stay, but depends on how much you want to pay.
I stayed at the F1 Hotel for a night. Fairly pricey, but cheaper than everywhere else. Meals aren't included. BUT there's a Spur right next door with free wi-fi.
It's a 1-star hotel. Mattress as hard as a rock. But hey, there was a lekker shower and a place to sleep. What more do you need.

I can't remember exactly where it is... but it's not too far from New Tempe Airport, and I think it's off the main road (Nelson Mandela Drive).
Ah wait, interwebs are working. Link: https://maps.google.co.za/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=f1+hotel+bloemfontein&fb=1&gl=za&hq=f1+hotel&hnear=0x1e8fc57b9f07bf8b:0x1f16f55bb211b749,Bloemfontein&cid=0,0,6096199486945315662&ei=XhSrUbC3H4vY7AbrtYGADA&ved=0CKYBEPwSMAA

Enjoy!
cheers bud will check it out. Definitely beer time by then this wind is howling! !!

Ride safe and take it easy with that loaded cycle bud, enjoy the wind this may be the last wind you have in a long time  :biggrin: there is none inthe "Big Smoke"!

Tiger8 said:
Ride safe and take it easy with that loaded cycle bud, enjoy the wind this may be the last wind you have in a long time  :biggrin: there is none inthe "Big Smoke"!
thanks mate these racks are making it worry free

dirtyXT said:
Tiger8 said:
thanks mate these racks are making it worry free
:thumleft:

that wind was brutal. chickened out to hit bloem. in colesberg at nimmos spot. The wind actually blew my bike over today at a stop and go. blind.
zema9y2y.jpg

eqy6yhaq.jpg

FOOK ME! its cold. better than wind still but FSS.
first stop for coffee. and breakfast. 150ks from bloem. sun where are you???
pave4u2a.jpg

Nice "relocating" trip. Makes for a lekker read in my warm bed.
Years ago I travelled through Bloem with my 1100 GPZ. Everything was just ice. Never got so cold in my life.
Stopped by some truckers that had a fire going and remembered I could put my frozen hands right onto the bikes engine without feeling anything.

:ricky:

subie said:
Nice "relocating" trip. Makes for a lekker read in my warm bed.
Years ago I travelled through Bloem with my 1100 GPZ. Everything was just ice. Never got so cold in my life.
Stopped by some truckers that had a fire going and remembered I could put my frozen hands right onto the bikes engine without feeling anything.

:ricky:
nice one just my luck to have a cold front... need an increase for this...

Stopped over in Bloem once, was also June/July, a few years back............I only ever stopped there ONCE  ;)
Not likely to stop there in winter again, freeze the nuts off a brass monkey!