DL 1000 Fueling issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeltonsc

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLE 500
I recently became the owner of a mint condition DL 1000 but after a few thousand km felt that the bike wasn't quite right. My brother in law has a versys which is really quick off the line and goes like a rocket, and for some reason my Strom wasn't quite measuring up to my expectations of a 1000 cc bike. It would just be pretty bland. She wouldn't like to rev past 6000 and had plenty flat spots.

Anyways long story short I read up on fuel filters and fuel issues and decided to try them out. I first wanted to change the high pressure fuel filter but couldn't get stock and the price on the net is around $300 US

So I found a DIY solution on another forum and decided to give it a try. Total time to mod was around 2 hours and I found a suitable external fuel filter from a Suburu that fits perfectly under the seat mount.

I also setup the TPS as it was slightly out.

First impressions of this mod were WOW

The bike wants to pickup the front in first if your not careful and she revs clean to the limiter in any gear.

I got off and had the shakes from the adrenaline. What a difference.
Didn't know how lively that v twin was.

Next mod will be the noisy chuddering clutch.