DRIVING LIGHTS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
My question is aimed more at the GS riders , dew to them having fairly low crash bars and many option to mount lights . We know that the OEM light is fairly weak , and most upgrade with a set of spots , Gs seems to favour more mounting options ;) , generalization. I have a set of spots mounted below the headlight and above the front fender , 10w spots , and on a night ride worked fairly well , but had to dip them for on coming traffic . Planning to leave early on my December ride to Mossel bay , and considering a pair driving lights mounted low on the crash bar . light up the road . Another option is better spots ( 40w) in place of the 10w ones )
To me its a safety issue , need to see and be seen . I can leave later but want to have options .
IRONMAN 4X4 sell a nice 40w cube light , but a bit expensive . my thought was, if I do a upgrade, buy a budget cube flood light set and mount low , these can then stay on and light up the road , will not have the spots on/ off and ride in semi darkness and then on again , eyes need to adjust every time . I am aware of the LED headlight upgrade from the states , but way to expensive , tried that with a led upgrade kit from China shop , very bright , but no penetration dew to wrong reflector . So back to the drawing board . As this is not critical , I am hoping for some positive advice .
I am also aware its my bike and can dop as I please , but doing as one pleases with advice is way better , than going in blind .
Something that would also be a nice to have is a dim / bright handle bar switch if available , seen a nice one from Ali express but shipping from then is not secure . looking at local options .

Attachments

• gs 1.jpg
    gs 1.jpg
    972 KB · Views: 0
  • switch 1.jpg
    switch 1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 0
  • switch 4.jpg
    switch 4.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 0