Dullstroom 7 - 9 Nov RR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after my fall my confidence was a bit wobbly. Had another 2 falls in the mud and my sense of humour was duly lost! We finally got back to the tar after a much longer detour than anticipated. Off to Long Tom. Had a quick refuel in Lydenburg and hit the pass down to Sabie. My Mrs. was not really into all the corners of Long Tom so we took it slow. We stopped in Sabie had some lunch and re-assessed our next move. Sias did not have his Mrs with him and loving guy that he is wanted to get back. I was so relieved this was the case as my leg was thumping after my initial fall and wanted to get some ice onto it. So we headed back to our "lodge" and had a couple of cold ones.

Attachments

• IMG_4963.jpg
    IMG_4963.jpg
    360.7 KB
  • IMG_4968.jpg
    IMG_4968.jpg
    232.1 KB
  • IMG_5028.jpg
    IMG_5028.jpg
    358.5 KB
Lekker man, the more you ride the better you get. That simple it is

Awesome place to ride a bike, I will never get enough of the roads around Mpumulangha

So Sunday morning we got up early again but with more difficulty due to "the couple of cold ones" turning into a lot of cold ones. Boks lost to a very rampant Irish team and it was pissing down again. Nothing else to do but eat and drink  :bar: :pot:

Anyways, got up had breakfast and started packing. Went to Dullstroom CBD again explored the town to a small extent. Stopped at the whiskey tasting. Johann spent a pretty penny there and then we loaded all unnecessary items into Scotty's golf. The route we then took was the dirt road towards Tonteldoos. Even though it was raining cats and dogs the previous night the road drained quite well and the gravel road was wide and hard. Perfect for us dumb arses that came on road tyres :eek7:

What a fantastic road it was. We then hit the tarmac and decided to head towards Groblersdal and just before Groblersdal turn left onto another gravel road. One of the highlights on the tar was that we saw some sable next to the road on a game farm.

We eventually turned off and headed towards loskop dam. This was another fantastic road but was less scenic than earlier the morning. We got to the border of loskop dam and turned towards Verena. This was another beautiful road through the hills and had a few good views of the valleys. We eventually go to Verena had a quick refuel and head towards Bronkhorstspruit. When we hit Bronkies everyone headed their directions and then our weekend was over. :'( :'(

Dullstroom is beautiful on its own but doing the back routes and seeing the seemingly but not quite undiscovered beauties that the back roads hide makes this one ride to remember.

Attachments

• IMG_5071.jpg
    IMG_5071.jpg
    379.3 KB
  • IMG_5083_2.jpg
    IMG_5083_2.jpg
    322.9 KB
  • IMG_5091.jpg
    IMG_5091.jpg
    367.3 KB