Dullstroom solo trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice RR - and a lekker spot! We were there on Saturday night - sorry to have missed you!

Where did the chair & table come from? Packed size? Pic of them folded up by any chance - I like!

The chair I got from Cape Union Mart of all places. Paid R150 for it. Much like the normal camping chairs but is lighter, and folds up much thinner. I looked at the small telescopic 3 legged chairs, but how can you relax without a backrest ?
IMG_1650.jpg

Cant remember where I bought the table, but I have seen it at most camping shops. It just fits in the pannier.
IMG_1649.jpg

I bought this Coghlan Griddle in Dullstroom, that is lower than the table but works much better with the low chair, and it packs smaller. Will rather take it along in future.
8770-alt-small.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

flipper said:
Climbingturtle, yes that was us leaving.

Nice - we were arguing about wether or not there was a KTM there - orange headlight cover? I assume that was you then!

How was the ride out - nice & slippery?

Well done! :thumleft: Good RR, lekker pics. And what an awesome bike! Some advice, if I may (learned this the hard way 2 weeks back.) Consider getting a conversion kit  (R300) and put those spots above the crashbars.

Congrats and welcome! Great pics and I also like that chair. I also have one of those three legged thingies, but I've never even tried it!

I absolutely loves rides away, and trout fishing - good combination!
What were the roads like? I noticed there were dirt roads in your photos - would I road bike be able to cope on them?

Roads we not too bad. Im still a novice on dirt roads, and took it slow.

When I left the road was wet and very slippery.

Thanks for the feedback and great pics - will try the camping site on my next trip to the area.

BM fan,you will be OK, roads are great.I rate the roads and scenery better than around the Graskop area.And yip, the 5km to the tar was a challenge, not everyones cup of tea... 

great pics . pls can you tell me where you got that stretcher i think it would be much better than those pathetic self(not) inflating mattresses Thks