Dutch newbe introducing himself (also looking for a travel bike)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Bajaj (all models)
Dag allemaal,

As Dutchman I will put this message in English because my Afrikaans is probably not really understandable (although i can read it quite well). Annyway, I am Mark, 26 years old and now in Chile on a world joutney with my girlfriend.

We started in Ecuador, bought a Bajaj Pulsar 180cc over there, adjusted some things and crossed Peru (lots of mountains), Bolivia (all cold and very high, maximum altitude was 5020m) and Chile (warm, dry and excellent roads) on this small bike:
P1030288-1000.jpg

p1030131-1000.jpg

Quite packed huh?

Why introduce myself here? Well the 12th of March we will land in Cape Town to proceed with our world journey. We want to buy a bike and travel up to Kenya. Over there we sell the bike again (we already have a buyer over there). We first travel by car around the country untill the beginning of April. So we can buy a bike along the way, but rather arrange everything directly when we arrive in Cape Town.

Also see my WANTED add: LINK

But if you have any tips where we can get a nice, cheap, simple and complete (pannier) bike to trave with.... [email protected]