Easter bunny visits Fenderbender

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
:3some: With broken ribs a crocked knee and moving around painfully on crutches Fenderbender was definately out of the picture when it came to searching on the farm for Easter Eggs.
So in compensation Andy got out of his sick bed, called on two Wilddogs and on a cold Monday morning we met at the N1 One Stop hoping the weather would hold.
We shot through to Stellenbosch running paralell to a hot air balloon, over Hells Hoogte and descended into a freezing Franshhoek for hot chocolate before tackling the mountain pass to Villiersdorp and then onto the dirt.
Alas the garage where Andy normally gets his hot chocolate fix was out of water and could produce no drinks.
Fortunately the rest of the town had water and we managed to sink hot coffee in the main street.
Up and over the pass, past a very low dam and as the weather held hit the gravel just outside Villiersdorp.
Then thinking that we would on Monday be heading on Andys GPS maps to Bredasdorp my GPS led me straight missing a turn to Worcester before heading to Eilandia and the R62 at Rooiberg winery.
Fortunately Wayne riding a huge mothership Bm caught me and turned me around onto the correct road.
Thank you to the weather gods we reached Fender Benders farm dry and sepnt many hours chatting about the accident and wehat everybody thinks happened.
Well the really good news is that he is healthy but not fit yet but hopefully will soon be back on the road.
Hopefully our smiling faces made up for the Easter Bunny.
Home was via Rooiberg Winery onto the Nuy back road and past Saggy Stone where I had promised the crew a great beer.
But alas it was closed.
The final leg was done via Bain Kloof for a belated lunch stop and home.
And to finish the day it rained 5 minutes before home.

naaise... time with good friends beat the easter bunny every time...i am sure..

Good one there Robin. You say Andy is /was / were sick ? Huh. So what you are implying, is that they actually came out and did the ride with yu. IF thats the case. Good on andy etyc, to go look after Robin  :thumleft:  I truly hope that I will also be blessed, and still be riding when I'm your age Robin. Good Show !

Originally , Rynet and I were looking at where to ride on Sunday , when I came up with this plan.
But Sunday was easter hunt for my 6 year old so we decided on Monday.
Rynet organized with Fenderbenders wife for directions  and we were set to go , Depending on the Rain or Not.

Rynet sabotaged her bike in the sand in Atlantis on Sunday , just in case she had to ride in the rain again on Monday and unfortunately had to bow out.
So it was Wayneh , Robin and myself.
I got a PM from Robin , (Saggy Stone where I had promised the crew a great beer.) FREE BEER ,Thats how he insured I got out of my "Sick Bed " LOL !!!

Good to hear of FB's steady recovery.
That was a really nice thing you guys did.  Well done!

Great to hear FB's on the mend! Good stuff Andy and co for braving the weather!

Nice one Andy, Wayne and Robin. Glad Fenderbender is on the mend. Auto Atlantic's workshop is closed today so have to fix my stuck starter button on Thursday. Won't ride her till then- don't want to blow the starter motor. You guys rock, the A-Team ;) xxx

Ps Robin u have such a beautiful way with words, you can write a fine for me and I'll enjoy reading it! I'm a lady that loves words and how they are strung together and we are so fortunate to have such gifted writers on this forum, you being of my favourites :)

Haha you know I think old 2SDan talks so much BS sometimes abt big bikes and chicks but I AM very fond of him,and having seen his 100% bike thread, I can't wait to get to computer so I can talk some sense into him again LOL

On the way to Atlantis on Sunday morning, GJ and I also passed a hot air balloon, in the vicinity of Joostenberg Farm Stall.
Happy that FenderBender is doing so well.
What do I hear of a broken BMW? :mwink: :imaposer: