Easter East Freestate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGB

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
We went to visit Ouma on the farm this weekend and it made sense for my brother and me to take the bikes. No planning, met in Bloem and just followed our noses in the general direction of Ficksburg, travelling on gravel as far as possible.  Went past the lions between Glen and Maselspoort but they did not want to pose for the camera.

Saw this cell tower on top of the hill, looked like a nice challenge.  Quite steep up there.

Bottom up:
IMG_2229.jpg

Top down:
IMG_2225.jpg

Bottom up:
IMG_2224.jpg

Did not try a "top down" here.

The twins
IMG_2222.jpg

Lost my tool bag - only disappointment of the weekend. :mad:

Went through Marquard, the hotel has been re-vamped, nice place to stop for a pub lunch

IMG_2220.jpg

Saturday we visited some farmer friends, they have nice toys and nice roads and nice places.  Here are some of the spots we visited.  The roads approached the limits of application of me and the 990 here and there, but it was great fun and we had a ball of a time.  I am not going to bore you with details, enjoy the pics....

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2234.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

IMG_2253.jpg

IMG_2255.jpg

The area where I grew up is still my favourite in SA!

We have some spots that might be of interest.  If you would like we can do a day "on the farm" and a little loop through Lesotho maybe?