EC Dogs visit Nieu Bethista

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweetie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
06h00 BMWPE, Fish Eagle, Gunter,and myself meet in PE. Fish Eagle being the navigator for the day. Weather looks great, and we leave for Neiu Bethista. Routing past Uitenhage on the tar then onto gravel just outside the town to follow the gravel all the way along the northern side of the mountain range toward Cox Comb. Here we are directly north of Cox Comb peak and turn north toward Klienpoort for coffee.  Gravel is good.
IMG]https://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu277/TweetieWD/IMG_2072r.jpg[/IMG]
Nice Karoo highway to Klienpoort
IMG_2073r.jpg

Klienpoort Padstal for lekker koffee and rusks, (Thanks Fish Eagle)
IMG_2074r.jpg

Our route takes us off the tar , through booms with camera's nogal, onto gravel and further N-West to Jansenville. Good KUDU pies, were had at the KUDu  store, and we were off again, on the gravel , heading further west to a point 50km S.West of Graff Rienette, where we popped onto tar again. This was a reall lekker long run on dirt! Filled up with juice in town, did a little dirt run around the town, then headed out toward the N.West. just after the national park we turned off onto dirt again, which eventually arrived in Neiu Bethista from the south, unlike the main road there. This is a quaint, neat little, nestled in a lush valley in the Karoo. Typical but beautiful place to retire! 
The first cafe` thing we found, seemed nice, until you tried getting service. Virtually Non existint!! We moved on, and found this little place in the next street. The locals were friendly and anxious to help & serve. Now here we can do business, with the willing and able. This is the info
IMG_2075r.jpg

You can even book the room at the top of the round tower, with its round bed. (must bring Mama General here some day)
IMG]https://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu277/TweetieWD/IMG_2076r.jpg[/IMG]
IMG]https://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu277/TweetieWD/IMG_2077r.jpg[/IMG]
The a visit to the Owl House. Spooky Stuff. R25.00 entry to see the lot.
IMG_2084r.jpg

Inside is just typical old house stuff of the eara, however the yard outside is quite eerie with all this cement art.
IMG_2078r.jpg

IMG_2079r.jpg

IMG_2080r.jpg

Thereafter a short gravel run ( beautiful country op there) and back on to tar. Gunter & Myself decided to make a beeee-line for PE via Graff Rienette but Fish Eagle and BMWPE decided to do more gravel home. We arrived back in PE at 18:30. BMWPE and Fish Eagle must have arrived home in the dark. Our round trip was 765 km for the day. Great to ride with you guys again :thumleft: :thumleft:

Sorry I could not make it, seeing as I only got my invite, 7.15am.
You've got to love the cellphone service in the valley.
Very envious. Looks like you had a good ride.

I have to go there someday.
The town looks much bigger than I thought it was.
Is there a campsite perhaps?

Sorry Miles. But the opportunity could not be missed. I have to say, that teh trip there was absolutely great, but by 200Km from home my rear-end started getting eiena. I think its the acculumlation of two weeks of lekker DS riding. I can assure you if ever you come down this way (The EC paradise) we can take you on any number of roads in the back yard of PE, and they are all magic. :thumleft: :thumleft:

Tweetie said:
Sorry Miles. But the opportunity could not be missed. I have to say, that teh trip there was absolutely great, but by 200Km from home my rear-end started getting eiena. I think its the acculumlation of two weeks of lekker DS riding. I can assure you if ever you come down this way (The EC paradise) we can take you on any number of roads in the back yard of PE, and they are all magic. :thumleft: :thumleft:

One day I will take you up on your offer :thumleft:

Thanks for Doing the great ride report Tweetie. I don`t know about BMWPE but my arse took some serious strain. I think we did about 790Km for the day. Iron Butt here we come . almost there.

Will post some more pics soon.

Latest posts